W204 C63 AMG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Goatboy

Car
E55 AMG
So I bought myself a 71k 08 plate C63 AMG wagon with performance pack, AMG drivers pack and LSD. Utterly love it and prefer to my previous E63 PPP+ that I had. So I have a couple of questions if I may. As I understand the engine came detuned so as not to embarrass the more expensive halo models. Anyone recommend having it remapped to give the full fat experience? If so who would you use if based in Essex. Secondly I would like a little more exhaust noise nothing crazy but what is the best way to get a little more noise out of it. I don’t want nascar levels of noise but I could definitely take a little more punch.
Thanks in advance, Bruce

Hi

Nice whip !!

Speak to Acid at Msl Performance Birmingham re the map and i would leave the exhaust as is, it is perfect do not ruin it/chav it up.

Welcome to the forum alot of members use MSL which is quite a drive for you but well worth it Acid will soon sort you out 😁 enjoy the experience

Remove the centre resonator but leave the rest alone.

Ok been doing some more reading and may well have just talked myself out of it. I didn't buy the car as investment but reading some comments I start to think that actually a standard PPP with diff and drivers pack must be pretty rare in wagon form.

Maybe I leave as is because it certainly isn't performance I am looking for. I just spent a little less than I had so had some money to fiddle if I wanted.

Happy to be persuaded either way.

In 2008 all pp cars had the lsd it was standard as for driver's package im not sure what you get for that maybe just speed limiter uped to 174mph ,
The bhp increase was not part of the pp before 2010 .they are lovely cars though 👌

Ok been doing some more reading and may well have just talked myself out of it. I didn't buy the car as investment but reading some comments I start to think that actually a standard PPP with diff and drivers pack must be pretty rare in wagon form.

Maybe I leave as is because it certainly isn't performance I am looking for. I just spent a little less than I had so had some money to fiddle if I wa
Yours is a PP not a PPP.

In 2008 all pp cars had the lsd it was standard as for driver's package im not sure what you get for that maybe just speed limiter uped to 174mph ,
The bhp increase was not part of the pp before 2010 .they are lovely cars though 👌
I think it was the speed limiter up and a driving day. So sounds a lot cooler than it really is at this point.

So the engine I assume doesn't have the strengthened internals then? Why is it called performance pack if there is no BHP increase?

If you want a good idea of what your car can be mapped to from a good place in Essex then speak to the guys at GAD in Burnham on Crouch

Remove the centre resonator but leave the rest alone.
Don't do that as it messes with the AMG tone. If you want more volume but virtually the same sound then a secondary cat delete is the answer.

To be honest it's the sound deadening that takes away the sound, as stock it's plenty loud enough outside. Go for a drive with the boot cracked open and you'll realise how much it burbles on the overrun and how loud it is.

As for a remap you definitely should do that. It's so much more exciting from 5-7krpm afterwards as that's where you gain around 50-60hp by letting the throttle open properly. Without other modifications to worry about all the remaps will return similar results so there's no need to pay a lot and you don't need a dyno tune. I used Celtic Tuning who have people all over the country and it was only £400.

Yes no internals sorry 😐 just harder suspension and the lsd that's basically it pre 2010 pp cars. Ppp cars had the uprared internals but no LSD or harder suspension ,the suspension was binned after too many complaints of harshness also on the prefacelift they had the headbolt issues not as common as people will have you believe but are still in the window
Its funny really as mine on the vin is down as p30 but its not its a p31🤔

When i was looking into a remap most will return around the 500-510bhp without changing anything so for me there's no point, it took AMG year's to make the car sound that way so why mess with it as mentioned above let someone else drive past you on full chat and i promise you wont touch it 😅

Secondary decat just raises the volume keeping the genuine AMG tone, best exhaust mod I think

If you want it detuned to original power and throttle response then yes a map would be a great thing to do

vote for MSL as have that map on my car and its quick enough. its about 530 BHP i think.

secondary cat delete done too and it sounds epic.

more than loud enough - dont want it to be anti social.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom