W204 C63 AMG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I too have a secondary cat delete, it was done my AMD in lakeside, it does add to the soundtrack without being too much and it won't cause any problems with MoT. As for a map, circa 50hp, and that extra bite is well worthwhile

pic of my map and the changes. was on the dyno at MSL.

went from 395 bhp at the wheels to 444 ATW with the torque going from 370 ATW to 398 ATW.

it sure does feel quick and makes a decent racket. assuming there is roughly 20% loss then you can work out the flywheel power.
MSL re map.jpg

Leave the car as standard, dont mess with the exhaust. It sounds so nice as it is...why ruin it?

Mods are clearly up to each owner. I get that purity can be desirable especially on an appreciating car but I also see no issue with some sensible, tasteful mods especially if they benefit the way the car looks, goes, handles or stops.

Mods are clearly up to each owner. I get that purity can be desirable especially on an appreciating car but I also see no issue with some sensible, tasteful mods especially if they benefit the way the car looks, goes, handles or stops.
Agreed. I'm currently pondering a light map and a diff install at MSL

Intersting stuff.
So...

• Secondary cat delete keeps that lovely tone - it is just louder?
  • An LSD bu Quaife or Wavetrac makes a positive diference to the car
  • How about a remap, whilst there, on my 507 or has that reached a big HP number and a remap is pointless?
Cheers. I just have this money burning a hole in my pocket...

Get the LSD and imo thats all you have to do a remop is pointless 😁

OK, cool. I want to keep the car standard so am just hoping that people keep putting me off :D

The only things I would change on my W204 C63 estate (not a 507) are getting a LSD and getting MPS4Ss. Did the latter, not the former..to my regret.

My reasoning is that if you have a great condition car at decent milage I'll keep it as purity as possible. The only mods I might do is the LSD as mine is lacking this and everyone seems saying this is the best mod. But for now I'll spend the money on preventative maintenance + service and a visit to a detailer. That will set me back minimum €1600 with a potential €1800 additional if engine+trans mounts and pulleys+belt needs replacing.

Yeah, am thinking about a pro detail and ceramic - looks to be about £800.00

I had my c63 detailed and ceramic coated with a 3yr warranty (titan TX155) cost just shy £1k
Im just watching a video on tuning the 507 what a coincidence 🙂

Yes definitely this is the 4th 1 he's done for me ,its not my daily I only use it at weekend's 😁 it lives in an airchamber

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom