W204 C63 - Anyone Owned Coupe AND Saloon?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
^ Avoid Fire Opal Red on any Mercedes. No end of problems with the paint.
Such a shame when the colour really suits the shape of a W204.

Silly question perhaps - did they do more than one red?? There is a saloon and coupe both in red although the saloon looks slightly brighter (but photo’s outdoors) -

C63 Saloon

C63 Coupe

Si

That looks stunning!!!! What is it exactly that is the issue or what should I be looking for if I view a used C63 in this colour? Are there particular problem areas?

Si

That looks stunning!!!! What is it exactly that is the issue or what should I be looking for if I view a used C63 in this colour? Are there particular problem areas?

Si

Micro-blisters all over the paint but in particular on the surfaces which are likely to have had a bit of wear through polishing like bonnets etc.

Be aware that while most dealers will sort the paint out with a complete bare metal respray, a few may still argue that it's not their problem and try to leave you with it. Also worth bearing in mind that the plastic surfaces won't get done, bumpers etc., so this will be down to you to either live with or pay for yourself.

That’s lovely, I saw your post on PH thread about collection this week - very exciting! I must say I really like the pearl white, had a Polar White W205 and it looked great but think the pearl adds another dimension to the car and makes it look special.

Anyone able to comment on the two links I posted above and whether they were Fire Opal red or a different one?

Si

Just noted the dealer has expanded the description on the coupe in which it highlights it as Mars red, does this suffer like Fire Opal red?

Si

Just noted the dealer has expanded the description on the coupe in which it highlights it as Mars red, does this suffer like Fire Opal red?

Si

I am not 100% but believe it is the same colour as fire opal red.

Last edited:
Beautiful in the fire colour - Didn't think I would have white until I saw the car in diamond white metallic in the sunshine - pearlescent flecks like opal

Last edited:
Thanks for the link, it’s a little too much for me, I was looking at £20k that has crept a little depending on colour/spec etc. I don’t know if it’s a buyers market right now - how many people will be going out to buy a 6.2l V8 petrol car?!?

Another question if you don’t mind, read some stuff on here about red cars, issues with paint etc. Would it be advisable to steer clear of red cars?
There are a couple within ‘stretching’ distance and I have always been a fan of red cars especially when freshly waxed 😍

Si

Fire Opal red is an issue with microblisters. MB will do a full repsray excluding bumpers as they will argue that bumpers are not metal.

W204 C63 saloon do carry a bit of premium at this stage as the market is oversaturated with the coupe versions.

Well, always a buyers market. You got cash, you can choose.
However, sellers do know that there are many lemon cars around, hence why they stick to their prices if theirs are well maintained trouble free ones.

That’s lovely, I saw your post on PH thread about collection this week - very exciting! I must say I really like the pearl white, had a Polar White W205 and it looked great but think the pearl adds another dimension to the car and makes it look special.

Anyone able to comment on the two links I posted above and whether they were Fire Opal red or a different one?

Si

Pearl white is a lovely colour. Looks a bit creamy in dull weather, but in the sun... it popsIMG_6686.jpg

I'm sure when I was looking I found 1 car in a red that wasn't Fire Opal, but I can't remember the name of the colour.

(It had full tan leather too, looked amazing, but its service/MOT history wasn't so impressive!)

Thanks all, clearly an emotive subject when it comes to weight. My observation is that every coupe I have seen has a pan roof so surely on that basis every coupe is a ‘heavier’ proposition than its 4 door counterpart?

I am not a track person, spent some time back along at track days in a VX220 and then an S2000 but don’t really feel a V8 is made for the track. For me this car will be a second car, to jump into after 6 days of shifts, to enjoy my 4 days of rest and go on spirited drives across the Mendip Hills, meet with friends (Alfa 4C, CLA45 AMG, RS3, M4, VX220) and feel I have chosen a suitable weapon.

It will also be used for holidays with the family, trips up to Nottingham to see friends so needs a modicum of practicality which is where the saloon wins me over.

Be interested to hear anyone who has come from, or previously owned an E92 M3 as that was the other car on my list, however with that I would have to have bought cheaper to factor in doing rod bearings and actuators for peace of mind. I asked a question of someone who sold their C63 estate and replaced it with an M4 and a few M3 owners chipped in and said the Merc was the better car - surprised to find that on a BMW forum!

Si
To start with I had the saloon sold it and bought the e93 M3 lci totally different car I couldn't get used to it as you have to thrash the a----e of it to do anything so I then sold that and now have a 2012 ppp best thing I ever bought

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom