W204 C63 buying advice

GillyC63

Car
C63
A Mercedes warranty of one of the better ones IMO.
What makes you say its not worth the paper its printed on?
If you have a FMDSH it covers practically every expensive item, including rusted head bolts;)
I think it might be to do with R77C experience with his MB warranty, his post is in the Engine section.

GillyC63

Car
C63
Do you not think that is down to a poor dealer. Lee JV with the green C63 had a similar problem and everything was replaced under warranty?
I would agree with you, but it seems MBUK have decided enough is enough. I have read most people with the MB warranty have had no issues at all with any repairs so It's just a bit disappointing to see someone treated that way.
I'd rather have that warranty if it was me though.

kepler452b

Car
C63 507 Saloon
Do you not think that is down to a poor dealer. Lee JV with the green C63 had a similar problem and everything was replaced under warranty?
Shows how poorly built the cars are if everything was replaced under warranty

LeeJV

SUPPORTER
Car
Mercedes C63 AMG editon 507
R77C admittedly had problems with his dealer, it's nothing to do with poor build quality, I think in many cases its partly down to how it's been maintained and driven by previous owners.

As for my experiences
New aircon complete system and re gas
New keyless entry system complete with modules, locks and handles
New coolant pipes, had a slight sweep
New timing chains and tensioners Both banks due to a slight rattle on a warm start

New cams and lifters both banks as they were slightly worn, replaced lifters as part of the replacement Cams
New Battery
Rocker cover gaskets both banks.

Next car had a small leak via the windscreen
New windscreen
New carpets
New Nox sensors
New loom and connectors
New battery
Replacement
TPS on all 4 wheels

BlackC55

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
E55K SL500 E300Hybrid E250X3 Viano C55 E450Cab A180 Smart 44 Brabus
what this all about? Where can it leak out of the block costing only £2k to fix?
Between the upper sump and engine block they leak. Its usually around the engine mount area. We have done about 10 now. 2k covers the parts and labour required to fix it.

Spider10

Car
c63 amg
Between the upper sump and engine block they leak. Its usually around the engine mount area. We have done about 10 now. 2k covers the parts and labour required to fix it.
While i was at MSL last year 1 came in for a service and was told it had the leak mentioned above 😱he wasn't happy so i had mine checked while it was on the ramp luckily all good🙂

Steve84N

Car
C63 AMG S204
It's just sealant between the layers so it's a load of labour and peanuts for parts.

Steve84N

Car
C63 AMG S204
There's several layers, the sump pan, then another layer in between the block and the sump. The engine out job discussed here is when it leaks between the block and the upper sandwich piece.

Steve84N

Car
C63 AMG S204
Here's an example. This is left hand side near the engine mount/starter motor. You can see some light misting around the upper seal. You can also see the 'sandwich' piece and if you're lucky you only get a leak on the bottom section. However, that still requires the steering rack/subframe to be dropped and the leaks are more prevalent on the upper seal.
WCBNELT.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom