W204 C63 Estate Isofix points

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Galactus

Car
C63 AMG PPP Estate
Just picked up my new c63 wagon and the engine is truly a work of art. 🥰

This will be the family wagon and will have two child seats at the back (one baby and one 3+), had a quick look at the back and was quite difficult finding the isofix points (normally they are clearly visible with plastic caps on other cars), from research they seem to be in the crevice between the seat base and back. Is anyone running baby seats and if so are they easy to fit?

Hi Frank,

They are hidden behind the cushion that spans the seat base and backrest.

To be honest they are a bit rubbish as the metal loop is too low down so you really have to squash the seat down to get it in and the consequence is that it makes the baby seat quite reclined. This is a real issue with small babies where you need them to not be too upright or their head flops onto their chest. I found we were really limited in what car seats worked and ended up with a Maxi Cosi Cabriofix with Family Fix base (which has adjustable recline).

Our daughter is now 20 months and we've now got a Recaro Zero 1 with it facing forwards so the extra recline is not a problem. The same seat in my wife's A3 doesn't tilt back as much because although the seat base is still angled the Isofix point is a bit higher off the seat base.

It is possible to remove the cushion that covers the Isofix points but only as a whole. I've left mine in and just squashed the seat under it but for you with two seats you may want to remove it. It would leave a gap in the middle seat though. To remove the cushion just keep pulling up and out towards you.

Last edited:
Just picked up my new c63 wagon and the engine is truly a work of art. 🥰

Hello

I can’t help with your question, but I would be interested in knowing more about the spec of your car. There doesn’t appear to be many ppp estates on here and I would like to know what colour your car is and what extras it has.

Thanks.

Hi Frank,

They are hidden behind the cushion that spans the seat base and backrest.

To be honest they are a bit rubbish as the metal loop is too low down so you really have to squash the seat down to get it in and the consequence is that it makes the baby seat quite reclined. This is a real issue with small babies where you need them to not be too upright or their head flops onto their chest. I found we were really limited in what car seats worked and ended up with a Maxi Cosi Cabriofix with Family Fix base (which has adjustable recline).

Our daughter is now 20 months and we've now got a Recaro Zero 1 with it facing forwards so the extra recline is not a problem. The same seat in my wife's A3 doesn't tilt back as much because although the seat base is still angled the Isofix point is a bit higher off the seat base.

It is possible to remove the cushion that covers the Isofix points but only as a whole. I've left mine in and just squashed the seat under it but for you with two seats you may want to remove it. It would leave a gap in the middle seat though. To remove the cushion just keep pulling up and out towards you.
That is really helpful, thanks so much. I think as suggested I may remove the cushion, as the seats would stay in there at least for the next year or so. Didn't want to risk the cushion getting permanently deformed. Do you know if the cushion is just wedged in? Or are there any fixings?

Hello

I can’t help with your question, but I would be interested in knowing more about the spec of your car. There doesn’t appear to be many ppp estates on here and I would like to know what colour your car is and what extras it has.

Thanks.

Hey Oscar, yes it is a bit of a rare beast with a high spec. Palladium silver, with black leather, PPP, Quaife LSD, reverse camera, carbon mirrors, COMAND nav, as far as I can see it is fully loaded (with the exception of the Pano roof). Have been looking for quite a while for this colour and spec. Here's a picture.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-08-23 at 19.53.12.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-08-23 at 19.53.12.jpeg
    442.9 KB · Views: 28
I don't think you could get a panoramic roof with the estate anyway, just on the coupe.

The cushion has a few metal loops along the length. They look similar to the Isofix loops but they have a bend in them. It's quite stiff but you simply need to pull the cushion up and towards you, sort of curling it downwards as you go.

Performance Pack Plus.

- Forged crankshaft, conrods and pistons from the SLS
- Dark grey intake manifold (same as standard mechanically)
- Higher power (487hp instead of 457hp - still throttle restricted but not as much)
- Red brake calipers with composite (not ceramic) brake discs
- Part Dinamica steering wheel
- Carbon lip spoiler on saloon/coupe

Hey Oscar, yes it is a bit of a rare beast with a high spec. Palladium silver, with black leather, PPP, Quaife LSD, reverse camera, carbon mirrors, COMAND nav, as far as I can see it is fully loaded (with the exception of the Pano roof). Have been looking for quite a while for this colour and spec. Here's a picture.

Rare indeed, I was the other chap that was interested in this exact car. Glad to see it's gone to a good home. Out of interest how long have you been looking?

Rare indeed, I was the other chap that was interested in this exact car. Glad to see it's gone to a good home. Out of interest how long have you been looking?

Ah right he did mention someone else was interested, sorry to have got there first! :confused: I wanted to see it on the first day he put it up but the seller was away on holiday for a week (then I was on holiday for a week so had to drop a deposit on the car blind - luckily it is a goodun!)

I have been looking on and off for around 3 months, seen another couple that I didn't like. A similar spec one came up in Northern Ireland in Tenorite grey (had a map and secondary decat too), I know a lot of people like the colour but I passed on it as was waiting for this colour and spec. There's another with a similar spec in Black in the FB classifieds, but it is quite pricey (and I don't think has the LSD that the ad claims it does - at least according to the build spec).

I don't think you could get a panoramic roof with the estate anyway, just on the coupe.

The cushion has a few metal loops along the length. They look similar to the Isofix loops but they have a bend in them. It's quite stiff but you simply need to pull the cushion up and towards you, sort of curling it downwards as you go.

That is really helpful, thank you so much.

Ah right he did mention someone else was interested, sorry to have got there first! :confused: I wanted to see it on the first day he put it up but the seller was away on holiday for a week (then I was on holiday for a week so had to drop a deposit on the car blind - luckily it is a goodun!)

I have been looking on and off for around 3 months, seen another couple that I didn't like. A similar spec one came up in Northern Ireland in Tenorite grey (had a map and secondary decat too), I know a lot of people like the colour but I passed on it as was waiting for this colour and spec. There's another with a similar spec in Black in the FB classifieds, but it is quite pricey (and I don't think has the LSD that the ad claims it does - at least according to the build spec).
It looked good and the seller seemed very genuine. I had my fingers crossed you wouldn't pull through 😲. Didn't think about isofix access as much of an issue, my little one is 3 so next car seat may not have the same fixings.

The one of FB is black, trying really hard not to end up in a black or white car although there aren't a lot of options. May end up in something else if my impatience gets the better of me.

It looked good and the seller seemed very genuine. I had my fingers crossed you wouldn't pull through 😲. Didn't think about isofix access as much of an issue, my little one is 3 so next car seat may not have the same fixings.

The one of FB is black, trying really hard not to end up in a black or white car although there aren't a lot of options. May end up in something else if my impatience gets the better of me.

Was looking at a B8 RS4 and an F80 M3 too, F80 M3 I want the values to settle a bit (I don't like depreciating cars!) and the B8 RS4 seemed boring compared to the C63 which really is the sweet spot I think. Good luck in your hunt, stick to your guns, the right car at the right value will come up just got to be ready to move fast.

B8 RS4 seemed boring compared to the C63
I thought the same thing when I test drove both on the same day too. Few advantages with the RS4 but on balance the C63 was a clear winner for me.

A lot of so called panoramic roofs on other cars are just a glorified sunroof anyway in that they only open as much as a sunroof and the aperture is no bigger. They just look worse when half the roof is slid back out of place, compared to a sunroof that goes back within the car.

This advice really helped, thank you so much fitted both baby and toddler seats the other day with minimal fuss. Removed the cushion as suggested as didn't want to risk permanently warping it.

Attachments

• 20200901_155549.jpg
    20200901_155549.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 15
Yeah agreed, bit of a weird angle the base ends up sitting at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom