W204 C63 Grill Fitting Issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PabbyAMG

Car
Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe
I've noticed an issue with the fitment of my front grill, i've attached a few photos as it seems the top strip doesnt fit square on each side with a gap to the bonnet. Also it seems the rubber strip between the trim and the bonnet itself doesnt seem to sit right and is completely missing from the sides, im unsure if this is normal or not but i've seen other - class models where the grill fits very neatly and there is almost zero gap.

I've tried loosening the torx screws and moving the trim piece forward to try and close the gaps but doesnt make any difference, also on the drivers side there is a large gap the the bottom grill piece whereas on the passenger side the top grill trim is actually touching, not sure what i can really do to square this up :dk:. I believe the rubber strip could probably do with being replaced but as this isnt sold seperately its £80 for a replacement top strip which may well end up in an upgrade to a 507 edition grill :p

Any thougths appreciated :)

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 26
  • grill piece 1.jpg
    grill piece 1.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 25
  • grill piece 5.jpg
    grill piece 5.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 26
  • grill piece 2.jpg
    grill piece 2.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 25
Doesn't look like the bottom half of the grill is seated correctly?

Doesn't look like the bottom half of the grill is seated correctly?
The bottom part wasn't sitting right before but thats been sorted now the bottom passengers side was loose but now that its properly fitted the top strip is now off

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom