W204 C63 launch control doesn't work

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

V8andTurbos

Car
MK5 Golf GTI + C63 AMG
I've got a facelift C63 mapped by MSL. Not often but occasionally I'll engage LC by doing the following.

Sport handling mode on
Click paddle
Turn selector to RS
Confirm with up paddle
Apply brake and accelerate, this is where it goes wrong. The car will go into LC mode and revs will flat between 3.5-4K rpm. When I let off the brake the car makes a beeping noise and car doesn't launch.. any ideas what could be casing this?

You have to press the brake pedal quite firmly before it will engage...

Brakes pretty firmly planted I think but I'll try again.

Revs rise but once i let off brake it doesn't launch, hesitates then takes off as normal..

Yep sport handling on 204 C63. Allows more slips from rear

You know out of all the cars I've owned that have LC, I've never ever used it? :eek:

I've got a facelift C63 mapped by MSL. Not often but occasionally I'll engage LC by doing the following.

Sport handling mode on
Click paddle
Turn selector to RS
Confirm with up paddle
Apply brake and accelerate, this is where it goes wrong. The car will go into LC mode and revs will flat between 3.5-4K rpm. When I let off the brake the car makes a beeping noise and car doesn't launch.. any ideas what could be casing this?

Shouldn't need any paddle action. Sport Handling (one firm press, not hold), left foot on brake firmly, click through to RS, throttle to the carpet, brake off and GO. No paddles needed.

Shouldn't need any paddle action. Sport Handling (one firm press, not hold), left foot on brake firmly, click through to RS, throttle to the carpet, brake off and GO. No paddles needed.

Wrong, you need to confirm with paddle up as stated

Paddle up to confirm. Haven't tried it again but will.. don't think LC is best for fastest 0-60 times but still want it to work!

From the manual:
Activating RACE START
You can activate RACE START if the doors are closed, engine is running and has reached approx 80 degrees C, SPORT handling mode is activated, steering wheel is straight ahead, vehicle is stationary and the brake is depressed (left foot), and transmission in D.
- Depress the brake pedal with your left foot and keep it depressed
- Turn the drive program selector clockwise until RS lights up
- To confirm: pull the right steering wheel paddle shifter
The "Race Start Available Depress gas pedal" message appears in the multifunction display.
If you do not depress the accelerator pedal fully within 2 seconds, RACE START is cancelled. RACE START not possible will appear in the multifunction display.
- Fully depress the accelerator. Engine speed will rise to approx 3500rpm.
The RACE START Release brake to start message appears
- Take your foot off the brake, but keep the accelerator depressed.
- If you do not release the brake pedal within 5 seconds it will be cancelled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom