W204 c63 Parking brake stuck on and pull floppy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scooby_doo_do

Car
Westfield
Morning all,
Had an odd one this morning, pushed the parking brake pedal and heard what i thought was some plastic breaking. The parking brake lever has no resistance, but i'm pretty sure the brakes are still on.
I've unscrewed the lever and can see it appears to still be connected and runs round the underside of the dash to the back of the foot pedal (i lose sight here as can't get a good view) (theres an air vent between the brake and the parking lever which i've not quite worked out how to remove.
just wondering if anyone has any suggestions? (I've tried googling but can't see a way to get to the back of the parking pedal easily to see whats going on) - can i remove the entire pedal assembly?
cheers in advance.

it could just be stuck, mine would intermittently stick and I couldn't disengage it, I took the cover off and sprayed a lot of wd40 on the mechanism, worked a treat. now when I pull the release it releases as it should. worth a go.,

Cheers, gave a good spray of WD40, and it eventually came undone after some pulling . now just have the problem the brake won't apply, can here it clicking but doens't catch/stay down, and the pull cable all floppy. Will take a look tomorrow once a bit lighter.

Cheers, gave a good spray of WD40, and it eventually came undone after some pulling . now just have the problem the brake won't apply, can here it clicking but doens't catch/stay down, and the pull cable all floppy. Will take a look tomorrow once a bit lighter.
Mine went this morning pedal won’t stay down,, pull handle no resistance and is floppy, however when pressed down does engage on back brakes.
Checked cable still attached to pull lever.
How did you resolve as thinking it may need new pedal assy ouch £140.
Any help appreciate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom