W204 C63 Prices

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Im actually fully comp on any vehical I drive but had to pay extra for it

Nope.....not on a private sale......EXCEPT....if you made a certain claim about the car in the ad,,,,,like you claim it has PPP.....and you get home to find it hasnt. Other than that yiou are on your own, "Caveat Emptor"!

From a consumer help site.
Private purchase For private purchases the phrase 'buyer beware' applies. Unless the private seller untruthfully answers any questions you've got about the car, they're not under any legal obligation to declare the condition of the car to you when buying and you won't be able to claim for repairs.
I see. But presumably if you're being sold a correctly functioning car and it turns out to have a major mechanical defects, that would be covered?

But probably not with any mods?... that's usually the issue I've had with prospective buyers over the years?

People still think Fully comp means you can still drive any car and its simply not the case nowadays, you have to specify you want it and it costs extra like you say

Tbh people think that there insurance does cover 3rd party on other vehicles but not the case nowadays

Every car i sold was driven by the potential buyer, never had a problem.

Every car i sold was driven by the potential buyer, never had a problem.
Yes you can usually tell but how many didnt buy after driving them ?
Normal cars are excluded 🙂

Tbh people think that there insurance does cover 3rd party on other vehicles but not the case nowadays
I've never seen a fully comp policy that did not cover you to drive someone else's car ...but third party only. All mine certainly have/do. Read your certificate. As it happens though I do have fully comp on any car due to my trade policy for work. I often have to drive other peoples cars/caravans/motorhomes as part of my job, as do many of the staff....so we have a policy to suit. Covers us out of hours too all the time we are in the employment of the company. The pic is from my private policy....covered for third party only though.....just enough to be legal.
1648627146601.jpeg

Most people who buy these types of car know what they are buying and don't expect a joy ride (test drive) so if you are looking for a e63 at trade price or glass prices and hoping to test drive it yourself good luck with your search I think you will have a long wait
I don't think so....as said I've driven a couple already. And as far as price goes they are going down now and the ones I've looked at are at or around book retail or I would not have been interested. Don't forget that book retail is based on what real cars actually sold for from a dealer....so no reason whatsoever to pay over book retail.......especially privately where they should be cheaper than Glasses retail. Never said I wanted one at trade money.....but as I'm ex trade I do have a few contacts looking for me....they should be close to trade money. My ALFA was bought at trade money, It was PXed at a Range Rover dealer.....I stumbled across it unwashed on their lot as they had little interest in doing anything with it....after a week of phone haggling I got it for just about what they paid for it....a few hundred over trade, Right place right time.

To return back to the topic of C63 W204 values. I've been following my local market but also also the German market. Today when searching from year 2011, PPP (358 kW), from 0 - 10K KM the cheapest car is €44K which is a FL model at 80K KM, I find a pre-FL for €46.9K. (My Mobile.de search)

For reference, I contacted a dealer in Germany last February regarding a 2014 PPP and I recall that price was €44K. I did research on negotiating with German dealerships and learned that was almost out of the question, max 5% or even that so I left the import idea as I had my budget and import also comes at a cost etc. My ambition was to get it down 10% to €40K ;-)

Now I'm wondering if I even should daily drive my car when I take it back out as it sits at 60K KM and are in quite good condition.

When I went to see mine the then owner asked if I wanted to drive it… this was after he took me out in it and scared the daylights out of me. I politely said no, but told him I wanted it. Paid deposit the following day, collected the following weekend

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom