W204 C63 Purchase??just can’t

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yes I know what you mean, I have an excellent Merc Indy which I use and will continue to use but the car I am looking at is in the Exeter area??

Si

Hmm, i'd certainly be very sceptical of a car being sold so quickly - does certainly smell of someone 'offloading' due to a problem which they don't have the funds to deal with.

Purchased my car last year and everything seemed fine - car is immaculate and seemed very well cared for, fully documented history and reasonable miles, 74k on 09 plate. However the first service in my ownership threw up an issue with the brake lines, seized up bolts I think. (i'm not mechanically minded like some of you so bare with :p) Anyway, not an insignificant repair as, although the parts were minimal, the labour was around 10 hours :eek: Perhaps the seller wasn't aware, i'll never know. As I say, my car is immaculate throughout but that unexpected and immediate expense I could have done without!!

As a side note I have booked a test drive on Mon of a ‘12 plate saloon with 24k and 1 owner from new so we’ll see how it goes!?!?!?!? In the interest of fairness I have also booked a test drive in an ‘09 plate M3 DCT straight afterwards.

Will report back Mon PM........

Si
Watch Alex and O.J discussing AMG v M on YouTube (legitstreetcars.com) 2 videos now. Both very interesting for anyone who has NOT yet purchased either car . Their conversation and expertise focuses on the $20K range of cars available. Informative while at the same time not being too American.

I’m on my second 6.2 facelift estate. No problems with either although mine might be going soon :(

I’m on my second 6.2 facelift estate. No problems with either although mine might be going soon :(

I'm looking to buy a facelift estate so pls let me know if you're selling :)

Defo go for a facelift. I bought mine new 2012 and still have it...33k miles and not one thing gone wrong. Av mpg 18.5 over that time but I don’t commute to work.

the W204 63 is beastly future classic. has enough room for the family and is pure joy. I'm sure you're already doing it but I find I can usually detect any cheapness on the part of previous owners by looking up the MOT history of a car online. if it is failing on things like tyre tread and advisories show up more than one year then the owner is likely cutting corners on maintenance ...

My personal commuter car as of the last week is an E46 M3. Much cheaper than the C63 and though cant sound like the 63 and isn't as refined or modern or powerful is an absolute blast...most importantly is much cheaper as a second car. To insure, it cost me only gbp420 for comp insurance with all the legal protection and breakdown add ons. road tax is around GBP 320ish. I know it isn't a merc , nor as refined or luxurious as a merc, but the price of the E46 M3s has come down again a fair bit recently ... you could probably still keep the merc as your family car if you're going to buy a convertible SMG. then gbp 8 to 10k is the asking price for a car that won't depreciate much at all (obviously will need maintenance , like a mistress or ex wife .. )

This is mine and I abuse it often (and drive it with the top down as much as I can) and only bring out my C63s for motorway runs and family journeys now and this little 15 year old rocket keeps me smiling for my daily commuting ...
Screenshot_20190411-185121_Chrome.jpg

I'm moving house later this year and I'll be getting a double garage plus a driveway big enough for six cars. As a result I'm already pondering something else as a daily to put miles on the C63 a little more slowly. I've always wanted an E46 M3 so my thinking is potentially just like yours, albeit coupe not convertible.

I'm moving house later this year and I'll be getting a double garage plus a driveway big enough for six cars. As a result I'm already pondering something else as a daily to put miles on the C63 a little more slowly. I've always wanted an E46 M3 so my thinking is potentially just like yours, albeit coupe not convertible.
wow, a driveway big enough for 6 cars and a double garage too ... that's a world full of motoring possibilities ...

Manual coupe is definitely the pick of the bunch and is a fair bit lighter and faster than the vert, but the convertible with the top down on a warm summer's day and sweet music from the HK speakers... that's my idea of bliss... wait...the CD player on mine just got stuck and has swallowed one of my fave CDs and the 5cd interchanger in the back isn't working hahaha ... BMW ownership :) the indicator stalk could go at any moment too ...

I think I need a manual back in my life but I have to admit to liking the auto on the C63 when commuting.

I had a 330ci a while back and it was pretty good but felt leaden due to the relatively low power. I've still never driven or been in an S54 engined car! I had a Z4 3.0Si before the C63 so one possibility is the Z4M.

However, if I'm brutally honest with myself both would be going over old ground so maybe it's time for something new. Another option is carry on using the C63 daily and get a lightweight toy that I sometimes use, like a Lotus.

I think I need a manual back in my life but I have to admit to liking the auto on the C63 when commuting.

I had a 330ci a while back and it was pretty good but felt leaden due to the relatively low power. I've still never driven or been in an S54 engined car! I had a Z4 3.0Si before the C63 so one possibility is the Z4M.

However, if I'm brutally honest with myself both would be going over old ground so maybe it's time for something new. Another option is carry on using the C63 daily and get a lightweight toy that I sometimes use, like a Lotus.

I had a 330ci for a month before this one. it handles bumps and potholes quite well ! but power and speed wise , it was a bit too slow for me. The m3 is far quicker throughout the rev range and sounds great ... errrr not AMG great but the noise damping is nowhere near a c63 level so it sounds louder which is a plus for me.

I've got used to the SMG. it is not that bad so if you decided to go that route then an SMG is worth a try. The only plus over the Z4m is you get 4 Seats in the m3 but if you don't fancy the extra seats then you've got a whole world of 2 seat cars to choose from which is a great position to be in !

So update time......

I have sold the C250, it left for its new home yesterday which is good news. Was quite sad to see it go as for an all round car it was cracking, looked lovely as it drive away.

Anyway it was sold for a reason and that reason was to replace it with a C63 (or similar!) however the C63 sits at the top of my list for many of he reasons covered earlier in this thread.

I am specifically looking for a facelift C63, don’t really have a preference in body style they all have the plus points, my max budget is really £22k but if I can tuck it under £20k then even better!

The one I was originally interested in (calcite white saloon, 2 owners, 67k, FMBSH) is still available so may go have a look at that.

Quite exciting being in this position and shopping for such an amazing car, SWMBO isn’t fully onboard with the idea yet but hoping that will change.......

Si

Now you have the freedom to browse till you find the right car for you.

I'm an ex BMW Man, had 6 BM's in total, ranging from E46 330 M Sport, E46 M3, E39 540 M Sport, E39 M5........ when I sold my last car, I was all ready for purchasing the E60 M5, it had been my dream car for so long, but Oh what a let down when I test drove a couple, a buddy suggested I try a W204 C63 and I was instantly converted, I didn't buy the first one I saw, but spent three weeks viewing about 5, until I found a particularly nice one. That was five years ago. I kept my first W204 C63 for about two years, and was going to move up to a W205 C63, but while I was looking, i noticed a 63 plate C63 advertised by Mercedes Birmingham with just 9k miles from new, Diamond White (My favourite colour) and totally immaculate, garaged all it's life. I just couldn't let it pass me bye.

I love the W204 C63's, they're great cars and I've never had any issues with either of mine. I recently had it remapped at MSL and also got them to fit a Quaife LSD, now (In my opinion), it's the perfect car that give me the enjoyment and thrills I look for in a four door family car that's capable of giving some so called super cars a fright.

Here she is the day I collected her...........

Thanks for your input Jim, I have owned a few BM’s myself too (E46 330d, E46 M3 cab, E70 X5) and always enjoyed them. The ‘ome’ I always wanted was an E9x M3 but of late the draw of a C63 is just that bit stronger, and as already said having to do actuators and rod bearings straight off the bat with an M3 isn’t an easy pill to swallow.

I think I have read nearly every review and watched nearly every video on the C63 and reckon it will fill the gap on our driveway perfectly.

Your car looks stunning, my W205 C250 I just sold was polar white with cranberry leather and it’s such a good combo. A couple of the C63’s I have seen have the contrasting leather or two tone leather which I think looks stunning!!!

Si

In terms of options on the facelift C63 were there many? Just looking through some possible purchases and trying to work out what were options as most cars seem to be pretty similarly specced with the exception of Performance Pack.

Si

I did a similiar thing sold a C220 and wanted a facelift W204 C63 saloon.
I read posts that said you needed the AMG diff that doesn’t come as standard on the PPP cars facelifted and wanted the performance pack that had full MBSH and from a dealer with the two year warranty just for peace of mind as the repair bills had me a little nervous.
I found a PPP car, after not a long time of looking, that had everything and more and two and a half years still have it and it still gives me a buzz. I’ve drove it to Italy on holiday where it came in to its own. IMO its the best thing you can buy for the money. Go for it mine makes me smile parked on the drive.

Well I am off to view a 2012 Diamond White saloon tomorrow, completely standard, FMBSH, 2 owners from new and it looks in superb condition; it’s fair o say I am very excited!!!

Buyer has agreed to a pre-purchase inspection at my local independent, Avantgarde in Clevedon, so,all things being equal if it checks out then it could be our new car.....

Si

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom