W204 C63 question..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RSTurbo50

Car
W212 E250 CDi AMG Sport
I took delivery of my 2012 C63 Saloon on Wednesday evening. What an animal of a car and I absolutely love it. One question I have though, when pulling away from a standing start, every now and then when i pump the throttle there is a slight jerk and stutter before it pulls away. Is this normal? I have had a look on various forums and some people say some cars do this and its to do with the wet clutch? Once you get going the changes are super smooth with no jerky or rough changes its just pulling away. Is this considered normal?

I took delivery of my 2012 C63 Saloon on Wednesday evening. What an animal of a car and I absolutely love it. One question I have though, when pulling away from a standing start, every now and then when i pump the throttle there is a slight jerk and stutter before it pulls away. Is this normal? I have had a look on various forums and some people say some cars do this and its to do with the wet clutch? Once you get going the changes are super smooth with no jerky or rough changes its just pulling away. Is this considered normal?

Which gearbox setting are you in when it does it? Or is it in all settings?

Does it happen when the car is cold or all the time?

Anytime whether it be warm or cold..

This is common. It happens on a cold start and usually in C. Do you notice you gear in c1? Usually when the car is warm it will go down to C2 only.

This is common. It happens on a cold start and usually in C. Do you notice you gear in c1? Usually when the car is warm it will go down to C2 only.

Ill have to have a look at this. I think im just getting used to the gearbox to be honest. The ZF I had in my BMW M135i was the best gearbox iv ever come across whereas this feels ancient in comparison and nowhere near as smooth....

Its more noticeable in Comfort mode. Like I said its only every now and then Iv noticed a bit of a jerk pulling off....

I remember this on mine. A definite jerk/judder but it was only in Comfort mode.

Is it worth trying the gearbox reset that you can do?

Mine certainly doesn’t do it, in any mode. If anything slightly similar, it’s after a cold start and way before the oil temp is up and the exhaust note changes

What mileage has the car got ?
When was or is the gearbox service due ?

Mine does not do that.

It’s coming upto 61k miles and the gearbox service was done I believe in either 2015 or 2017 I’d have to check.

The MCT is ever so slightly hesitant in c mode when you are starting off from a standstill. It's like half a second delayed in its delivery. But jerky or rough is not something I have experienced.

Maybe worth having a transmission fluid change. Or get the transmission read for fault's. May have a different problem with the transmission the has thrown a code or two.

Personally I find the MCT a brilliant transmission. Does a cracking job just pottering around or if you want to get on it you just turn the dial to a different setting. Got the best of all modes.

Can't say i've experienced this.

Infact i find the comfort mode in the c63 amazing. I often waft in traffic and forget im in a C63 thats how smooth it is!

Might be worth checking the S/H to see when its had its transmission changes. I would of expected the car being 8 years old now it would of had once very recently. AFAIK its every 4 years or 40k.

Just curious does the c class have the brake hold function that the e class has. When you are at a standstill and you lift your foot off the brake without using the hold feature the car is ever so hesitant in engaging gear it is a feature of the MCT wet clutch transmission. Some may not notice it as it is ever so slight. But it is a feature of this gearbox with the wet clutch set up. In c mode. S S+ and M mode the car is eager to get going. It's very more relaxed and lazy if you like in c mode.

Ill have to have a look at this. I think im just getting used to the gearbox to be honest. The ZF I had in my BMW M135i was the best gearbox iv ever come across whereas this feels ancient in comparison and nowhere near as smooth....
Compared to that 8 speed ZF ‘box, this one *will* feel jerky and a bit slow witted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom