W204 C63 Seat Play and Creaking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GazzyFizzle

Car
None
Hey all,

So my 2012 C63 has 18,000 on the clock. When I picked it up I noticed the seat had a lot of movement, I noticed it when accelerating from a standstill, and coming to a halt. The seat also creaked and squeaked when going round corners etc.

The dealer had a look and said one of the electric motors had some play and they replaced it under warranty. Great. However it hasn't fixed the problem - it still creaks and moves, it's like 50% better. They tell me they won't fix a squeak or creak under warranty and no other parts had movement. Only way they will look at it is if I pay to investigate the issue.

I may have to do this as it is definitely an issue. However before I do, I wanted to know if anyone else had this? Is it easy to DIY? Are there any technical fixes? Is the seat easy to take out and take apart? Any kind of advice or other experiences is appreciated!

Thanks!

Had the same problem with mine when I purchased it for 9 months I was backwards and forwards to the dealer. I ended up doing more miles in courtesy cars than my own in 9 months.

They had replaced the seat base 3 times and the motor twice and seat back twice as well. After 9 months I thought it was fixed no movement or creaking but just as the car went out of warranty it started to appear again after a driving day in lakes.

I found if the seat is at the top of its range there is no movement but at the bottom it moves all the time.

12 plate with 18k on the clock !! I'd be ****** !! What is it about the newer ones with all these squeaks and rattles?

I think you've got to get you head under there and give the seat a good wobble to see if you can see any movement. It's bad that you should pay for them to investigate something like this on a car that's barely run in.

Mines a poor mans pre facelift with 75k on the clock and not a single squeak or rattle. Touch wood lol.

My 13plate with 33k miles had the entire drivers front seat mech replaced just before I bought it. I saw the bill, for the parts alone was over £930 plus vat plus labour

If its an MB Approved car, why not take it to a different dealer and see what they say?

Try mb Orpington or Heathrow they are service only dealerships and tend to go the extra mile.

I found if the seat is at the top of its range there is no movement but at the bottom it moves all the time.

Did the dealer actually resolve the problem for you?

12 plate with 18k on the clock !! I'd be ****** !! What is it about the newer ones with all these squeaks and rattles?

I think you've got to get you head under there and give the seat a good wobble to see if you can see any movement. It's bad that you should pay for them to investigate something like this on a car that's barely run in.

Mines a poor mans pre facelift with 75k on the clock and not a single squeak or rattle. Touch wood lol.

There's not a lot to see, in all honesty! I would consider taking the seat out, but not sure if I want to go down this route just yet.

My 13plate with 33k miles had the entire drivers front seat mech replaced just before I bought it. I saw the bill, for the parts alone was over £930 plus vat plus labour

Did you have this problem then? Which dealer did you use?

If its an MB Approved car, why not take it to a different dealer and see what they say?

I may well do that, not many good dealers to take it to :(

Try mb Orpington or Heathrow they are service only dealerships and tend to go the extra mile.

That's interesting, MB Orpington is in Dartford, so it's not too horrendous to go to.

I'm actually thinking about contacting MB HQ about this, and the quality of the components/interior. I may well write an email later.

Mb Dartford is in Dartford, Mb Orpington are located in Orpington.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom