W204 C63 wheel and tyre combination question.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rataxes

Car
E63s
I'm looking at replacing the wheels on my car and have a query regarding the wheel widths and tyres. Despite searching the internet I've not found a definitive answer yet so I'm hoping one of the resident experts here can help.

The AMG alloys I have on my car are 8J front and 9J rear with 235 and 255 section tyres respectively. The offsets are 45 front and 54 rear. The wheels I'm looking at are 8.5J and 9.5J with offsets of 38 front and 56 rear. I understand the front wheels may poke out a bit more with the new offset.

I don't really want to replace the tyres as they are virtually new. Will they fit the new wheels without looking stretched? If there is a problem and I went for wider tyres, say 245 and 265 section, will it affect the handling or foul the bodywork?

To sum up, can anyone see a problem with replacing the wheels?

Thanks.

I'm looking at replacing the wheels on my car and have a query regarding the wheel widths and tyres. Despite searching the internet I've not found a definitive answer yet so I'm hoping one of the resident experts here can help.

The AMG alloys I have on my car are 8J front and 9J rear with 235 and 255 section tyres respectively. The offsets are 45 front and 54 rear. The wheels I'm looking at are 8.5J and 9.5J with offsets of 38 front and 56 rear. I understand the front wheels may poke out a bit more with the new offset.

I don't really want to replace the tyres as they are virtually new. Will they fit the new wheels without looking stretched? If there is a problem and I went for wider tyres, say 245 and 265 section, will it affect the handling or foul the bodywork?

To sum up, can anyone see a problem with replacing the wheels?

Thanks.

Your rears will fit,there's no problem with the offset neither with the 245 tyre.
For the front one..first u need to check if the rim sits nicely cause apart from the increase (8 to 8.5),its also a matter of the wheels ring sitting further out (due to less offset). But i don't think there'll be a problem with it exitting the fender mark,cause its a small increase.
About the front tyre. I think it can be done because the CL203 has the same numbers for front wheels. 8.5 and 235 tyre. They're on 19 wheels but that doesnt matter.

AkisGr said:
Your rears will fit,there's no problem with the offset neither with the 245 tyre. For the front one..first u need to check if the rim sits nicely cause apart from the increase (8 to 8.5),its also a matter of the wheels ring sitting further out (due to less offset). But i don't think there'll be a problem with it exitting the fender mark,cause its a small increase. About the front tyre. I think it can be done because the CL203 has the same numbers for front wheels. 8.5 and 235 tyre. They're on 19 wheels but that doesnt matter.
i just got some AMG rims 18x9 all 4 rims i know itl fit my W210 but what tire size would you recomend??

image-1436214724.jpg

i just got some AMG rims 18x9 all 4 rims i know itl fit my W210 but what tire size would you recomend??

View attachment 49423

The wheel size Mercedes uses for your car is 8.5 front and 9.5 or 10 rear. So you'll have no problem with the rear wheels but the fronts is slightly larger. I dont believe you'll have any issue though.
But its wierd that all four are 18x9...Fronts should be 18x8.5
For your wheels and your car i think i would go with 245/40 front and 265/35 rear.

Last edited:
AkisGr said:
The wheel size Mercedes uses for your car is 8.5 front and 9.5 or 10 rear. So you'll have no problem with the rear wheels but the fronts is slightly larger. I dont believe you'll have any issue though. But its wierd that all four are 18x9...Fronts should be 18x8.5 For your wheels and your car i think i would go with 245/40 front and 265/35 rear.
the guy im getting them from today doesnt really know about them but in the pic i see a slight diff. So you may be correct. And thank you i did read it said 53mm offset. Well heres hoping for best and i kinda see a diff on the pic the two rims on top of pic look slichtly lower by the way they sit on the ground. THANK YOU FOR REPLY AND WILL LOOK FOR TIRES . Will post pics as soon as i get the rims.

the guy im getting them from today doesnt really know about them but in the pic i see a slight diff. So you may be correct. And thank you i did read it said 53mm offset. Well heres hoping for best and i kinda see a diff on the pic the two rims on top of pic look slichtly lower by the way they sit on the ground. THANK YOU FOR REPLY AND WILL LOOK FOR TIRES . Will post pics as soon as i get the rims.

quick notice, it's 235/40 fronts (not 245/40,that was keyboard mistake) and 265/35 rears.

Your offset should be 31 front and 35 rear.If your wills have larger offset,no worries,just put some spacers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom