w204 c63's seem to be holding value

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rOckyAMG

SUPPORTER
Car
Mine: ML63 PP Hers: CLA45 PREV: E63 W212, Edition 507 x 2, ML63 AMG, C63 AMG PPP, CLA45 AMG
I've been looking at c63's selling at auctions/auto traders and eBay. They seem to be keeping their values well. I would love all your feedback on this if you notice this too?

I started a post on here a few days ago sort of related to this. I think over the last few months they’ve plummeted in value. The pre facelift seemed to bounce around on the 20k mark for ages. Ok now and then you may see a high mileage one for say 17k but I was looking last week and both the pre and facelift have started dropping. It’s probably due to the s coming out and the majority are being offered crap money on a part x so chucking them on the net to claw a bit more money back. I’m in two minds weather to sell mine or not.

Problem is what is there out there that will replace this car unless you throw an extra 20k on top??

I do honestly believe in years to come the w204 will be sought after due to the engine being what it is but do you want to hang on to the same car for that amount of years?

I had a e39 m5 years back and a friend said to me they will hit rock bottom at one point but then start going up in value due to the fact they was bm’s flag ship v8. I’ve noticed they are now starting to creep up in value. I also owned a rs 500 back in the day but don’t even talk to me about that one. :wallbash::wallbash:

I started a post on here a few days ago sort of related to this. I think over the last few months they’ve plummeted in value. The pre facelift seemed to bounce around on the 20k mark for ages. Ok now and then you may see a high mileage one for say 17k but I was looking last week and both the pre and facelift have started dropping. It’s probably due to the s coming out and the majority are being offered crap money on a part x so chucking them on the net to claw a bit more money back. I’m in two minds weather to sell mine or not.

Problem is what is there out there that will replace this car unless you throw an extra 20k on top??

I do honestly believe in years to come the w204 will be sought after due to the engine being what it is but do you want to hang on to the same car for that amount of years?

I had a e39 m5 years back and a friend said to me they will hit rock bottom at one point but then start going up in value due to the fact they was bm’s flag ship v8. I’ve noticed they are now starting to creep up in value. I also owned a rs 500 back in the day but don’t even talk to me about that one. :wallbash::wallbash:

Let's not talk about the rs 500! Thanks for all that info. I agree with you in terms of the w204 being sought after in a few years. I usually change cars within a year! At the moment I cannot even think of anything to replace this with which doesn't mean adding an extra 20k like you said. I did notice the ppp cars were doing ok in terms of value.

Up until I brought the c63 I used to swap and change cars annually. I’ve owned the c63 now for four years so it must say something. I still enjoy driving it when I get the chance but the worse thing....or best depending how you look at it is in four years I’ve covered 2000 miles in it. To sell it and have to put 20k on top to replace it seems like madness. But saying that if you love your toys why not I guess. I do think when the w204 c63 came out it was probably the best car in its class. I can’t really explain but to me it was one of those I’ve got to have cars. Now for some odd reason I’m looking at the Nissan GT-R in the same way lol.

I'm the same had the car for 4 years and it's the longest I've owned a car for and unsure what to replace it with.Went to BMW other day and took and m4 out for a test and was disappointed. They offered me 24k for the car 12 plate with 35k on clock which I didn't think was terrible but still a little low.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I must say. And I know I’m going to start a mass debate haaa :rolleyes: but I do like the look of the m4. When my c63 is parked up and I walk towards it if it’s clean it looks great but the m4’s just look mean.

Mines a 60 plate pre facelift,great spec,60k and full MB history,i will be asking a fiver short of £22k when i sell it,probably in the spring as winter always has a downturn in price..

Whats gonna replace it..?

A newer C63 of course...Non of the more modern BMW M cars do anything for me and i dont really like Audi's..

I have had all kinds of cars that would have mage me fortunes if i held onto them in my 30 years of driving... But hindsight is a wonderful thing and whats the point...

For your info:

Sold my 62 plate PPP Saloon with 34k on the clock on Monday. Most probably the hardest experience in selling a car I've ever had. When I sold my 60 plate PPP saloon (bought for £36k in Dec 2012) in June 2014 it went in less than a week at full ask. £32k with circa 20k on the clock. Easy! Such was the quality of buyer at the time. No time wasters or punks looking for their next bad boy whip! People just wanted a good car.

This is why I got back into a 62 plate PPP with 20k on the clock in December 2015 at £34k. I had thought it would be a safe bet to sell at £30k a year or so later.

I decided to sell at the end of last year and it's taken 11 painful months to get rid. Sure, Autotrader and PH say prices are holding..... but they really aren't. Not unless you have an uber-low mile top spec car with 1 owner or a mint 507 that is practically unused. I was being offered anywhere from £18k to £23k at trade. Because of the volume of crap spec, mid to high miles cars there are more than enough C63s around at low £20ks to keep the private buyers occupied. My car was pretty mint too, with a recent detail, polish and high spec. At only 34k on the clock it should have gone at high £20ks, but it eventually left at £25k after a tip-off from a good egg on facebook.

That's the reality of todays C63 market, and it's the current aspiring buyers that have scuppered it with the "everything for nothing" attitude.

I never rated the FMBSH approach, mainly because the dealers can't be trusted to do anything other than emptying your wallet once a year. But, if I were doing it again now I'd be in a 1 owner, white / black PPP 125 Coupe with 10k on the clock and a FMBSH and top warranty. And I'd dare not drive it for fear i might stone chip it or scuff the bolsters. And definitely no mods or anything that might be seen as enjoying my car. I'd also have bought it at auction so I paid next to nothing for it....... making sure it came with every bit of paperwork, used tyre / old brake pad or service receipt etc.... Because that's what you have to deal with at sale time. That's what people want from you. They want it all paid for so they don't have to.

But what's the point in the above? It's a car. It's supposed to be driven and enjoyed..... right??

Unfortunately when popular fast/aspirational cars fall to a level at which people can scrape enough together to buy the car, but not maintain them, then the price plummets. Good cars become very average or poor very quickly.

That's what enables prices to go up in value later, because poor ones disappear, or become so cheap that they are worth spending some money on to get back in order. The very good ones start to appreciate, and so more people are prepared to spend money on a cheap one, and the prices rise.

For your info:

Sold my 62 plate PPP Saloon with 34k on the clock on Monday. Most probably the hardest experience in selling a car I've ever had. When I sold my 60 plate PPP saloon (bought for £36k in Dec 2012) in June 2014 it went in less than a week at full ask. £32k with circa 20k on the clock. Easy! Such was the quality of buyer at the time. No time wasters or punks looking for their next bad boy whip! People just wanted a good car.

This is why I got back into a 62 plate PPP with 20k on the clock in December 2015 at £34k. I had thought it would be a safe bet to sell at £30k a year or so later.

I decided to sell at the end of last year and it's taken 11 painful months to get rid. Sure, Autotrader and PH say prices are holding..... but they really aren't. Not unless you have an uber-low mile top spec car with 1 owner or a mint 507 that is practically unused. I was being offered anywhere from £18k to £23k at trade. Because of the volume of crap spec, mid to high miles cars there are more than enough C63s around at low £20ks to keep the private buyers occupied. My car was pretty mint too, with a recent detail, polish and high spec. At only 34k on the clock it should have gone at high £20ks, but it eventually left at £25k after a tip-off from a good egg on facebook.

That's the reality of todays C63 market, and it's the current aspiring buyers that have scuppered it with the "everything for nothing" attitude.

I never rated the FMBSH approach, mainly because the dealers can't be trusted to do anything other than emptying your wallet once a year. But, if I were doing it again now I'd be in a 1 owner, white / black PPP 125 Coupe with 10k on the clock and a FMBSH and top warranty. And I'd dare not drive it for fear i might stone chip it or scuff the bolsters. And definitely no mods or anything that might be seen as enjoying my car. I'd also have bought it at auction so I paid next to nothing for it....... making sure it came with every bit of paperwork, used tyre / old brake pad or service receipt etc.... Because that's what you have to deal with at sale time. That's what people want from you. They want it all paid for so they don't have to.

But what's the point in the above? It's a car. It's supposed to be driven and enjoyed..... right??

Wasnt yours the wrapped car ?

That in itself will knock 90% of buyers out of the equation when you are trying to sell.

Full MBSH.... Hmmm,its something i like to see when purchasing,to a certain extent it shows the owner(s) werent scared to spend on the car instead of routing out the cheapest service deal. Would it be a deal breaker,i dont think so as long as its been cared for correctly,but i would certainly try and use it as a bargaining point.

But full MBSH its a positive point come sale time..

Pos points v Neg points can determine where the car sits in the market...

My estate is probably worth 26-28k now. I cannot think of anything to replace it with for the money. I paid 34k just over 2.5 years ago nearly and have put 21,000 miles on it. So I don’t think the depreciation is that bad at all

Wasnt yours the wrapped car ?

That in itself will knock 90% of buyers out of the equation when you are trying to sell.

Full MBSH.... Hmmm,its something i like to see when purchasing,to a certain extent it shows the owner(s) werent scared to spend on the car instead of routing out the cheapest service deal. Would it be a deal breaker,i dont think so as long as its been cared for correctly,but i would certainly try and use it as a bargaining point.

But full MBSH its a positive point come sale time..

Pos points v Neg points can determine where the car sits in the market...

It was wrapped, but it was removed and the car fully detailed and prepped before putting back onto the market.

The C63 has dropped its **** I think now. My dealer was explaining to me that the deals on the C43, A45, M140i, 335/340 etc from factory are taking many customers away from used AMGs. Why pay £500pcm+ on a used, 3 or 4 year old C63 when you can get a new, superior car for similar money and more thrown in.

Attachments

• IMG_20171012_215826_661.jpg
    IMG_20171012_215826_661.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 12
How long did it take to sell once the wrap was removed ?

The deals from BMW/Audi and Merc are good if you want to get into a car that in reality you cant afford. Throwing £500 a month into a car or £18,000 over 3 year PCP deal seems like madness to me. Your paying the dealers depreciation,and they are guaranteeing low mileage stock.
Whether any of the cars you mentioned are "superior" to the C63 is down to personal preference i guess. I wouldnt really fancy any of them at the money mentioned...

Buy a £30k C63 AMG and sell it in 3 years for £6k less...

No brainer....

I did get a lot more interest after the wrap came off and probably could have held on for a slightly better price. But the offer from James Paul Cars was the best of the lot and I couldn't be ****d with the aggro any longer. The fact is, private buyers are often looking at the lower end due to cash flow and residuals. They're just not safe money any more.

Well,look at it this way...

Losing £9k in 2 years is better than an M140 deal....

I mean FFS,who wants to ride around in a 1 series,or a 3 series for that matter...

People havent got any real money anymore,everyone wants finance especially in the area you are trying to sell.

Over the many cars i have sold at various price points,£20k seems to be the ceiling for "cash" buyers.

Well,look at it this way...

Losing £9k in 2 years is better than an M140 deal....

I mean FFS,who wants to ride around in a 1 series,or a 3 series for that matter...

People havent got any real money anymore,everyone wants finance especially in the area you are trying to sell.

Over the many cars i have sold at various price points,£20k seems to be the ceiling for "cash" buyers.

I agree I rather loose 9k on a c63 than a m140 deal where the car is not mine neither.

I also agree with the cash buyer ceiling level. I have found this too with various cars I have sold. I struggled for a while selling a CLA45 as it was 20k plus and the buyers are very limited for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom