W204 Comand Online NTG 4.5 Facelift C Class Navigation Retrofit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gudikcik

Car
W212 E 300 L
Hello again everybody.

My Car has got factory Audio 20 system.

We found a crashed car in Germany and we buy it from that car's Comand Online System NTG 4.5 from it's owner and we install it to our car.

We plug in the diagnostic computer to crashed car and take the Radio Code from that. Then we install it to our car with that code.
The code is opened by xenrty.We write the radio code to diagnostic computer. You can not write the code on comand head unit.

Here is the parts and the installation photos.

img1528e.jpg

we use again kufatec tv free box. you can find it to kufatec's web site. navigation is working with this tv free while on driving and watching DVD.

img1529oi.jpg

GPS antenna is universal.we found it on ebay. A chinese people selling.its very cheap. I received it in 2 weeks with normal post. The GPS antenna working in the dash harman kardon speaker near the parking sensor indicator.

We start the installation.

img1532t.jpg

img1533c.jpg

img1534s.jpg

img1536m.jpg

img1538n.jpg

img1587g.jpg

img1589m.jpg

And we install it then we see the screen faulty.

img1603w.jpg

we need a new screen now. We find it. I think we will change it after 2 weeks. It's in delivery.

the system is working perfect.

now we are trying to operate the W212 2009 , 2010 , 2011 models instrument cluster to 3D view. When its finished i will write here. We will try to replace 2009,2010 and 2011 model NTG 4 Comand system to 2012 Comand Online NTG 4.5

for more information , visit to our turkish forum : W204 C 250 CDI Facelift Comand Online Montaj

Have nice day.

Last edited:
How did you get around the theft protection issue?

Is it this bit?

"We plug in the diagnostic computer to crashed car and take the Radio Code from that. Then we install it to our car with that code.
The code is opened by xenrty.We write the radio code to diagnostic computer. You can not write the code on comand head unit."

Is it this bit?

"We plug in the diagnostic computer to crashed car and take the Radio Code from that. Then we install it to our car with that code.
The code is opened by xenrty.We write the radio code to diagnostic computer. You can not write the code on comand head unit."

The Unit should check the VIN and if it doesnt match the car, shutdown.

The PIN is stored in VEDOC.

The Unit should check the VIN and if it doesnt match the car, shutdown.

The PIN is stored in VEDOC.

We don't use VEDOC. We was think at first time, we will take the code from VEDOC but it can not be possible when you enter the head unit' serial number to VEDOC. VEDOC did not register Comand head unit to My car's VIN number.

We can not do the SCN code to my vehicle. Sometimes it is say to me in the screen '' Theft protection is activated''. But i dont care. When i restart it from ON - OFF button , everything becomes normal.

We don't use VEDOC. We was think at first time, we will take the code from VEDOC but it can not be possible when you enter the head unit' serial number to VEDOC. VEDOC did not register Comand head unit to My car's VIN number.

We can not do the SCN code to my vehicle. Sometimes it is say to me in the screen '' Theft protection is activated''. But i dont care. When i restart it from ON - OFF button , everything becomes normal.

I will be interested to hear more on this once you have stopped and restarted the car 50 times.

Hi, can you please give me your email, I would like to ask you something. (as I can't write personal messages)

Thanks

You will probably get problems with this retrofit whereby the map data wont match the comand but after turning the car off/on for 15 minutes it will be okay. You wont be able to enter any navigation features.

There is a solution to this but it involves SCN coding the car and Mercedes are very unlikely to do this unless they supplied the parts and did the fitting.

They are clampng down very heavily on the retrofitting of second user parts. Brand new parts from authorised sources are fine though.

You will probably get problems with this retrofit whereby the map data wont match the comand but after turning the car off/on for 15 minutes it will be okay. You wont be able to enter any navigation features.

There is a solution to this but it involves SCN coding the car and Mercedes are very unlikely to do this unless they supplied the parts and did the fitting.

They are clampng down very heavily on the retrofitting of second user parts. Brand new parts from authorised sources are fine though.

i fix the problem

i can not see the error with star diagnosis compact 3.
when i enter the enginnering menu from head unit (hang up + 1 + # ) i see the historcal errors on there. i see the hard drive write error.
when i was listening music from music register, the tracks sometimes stops and comand locks.
i found star diagnosis compact 4 , i see the navigation data error on that and refers me change the head unit.

i found the comand hard drive and i change it. the hard drive is toshiba mk8050.

when i change it then i install the datas with star diagnostic computer by the telematics dvd , everything becomes perfect.

about the theft protection error, the problem causes by kufatec tv free. i contact with the kufatec. i make a mistake when i was retrofiting tv free. i must plug the tv free first to head unit then i plug the tv free cable to CAN BUS cable. kufatec person refers me cut the battery connection from the car for 1 minute. then tv resets. it will fix my problem. yes it fix my problem.

my comand ntg 4.5 works perfect now. thanks for help.

if you want to buy ntg 4.5 , be careful. ntg 4.5's has got hard drive problem and head units are changed by mercedes from guarantee.

i fix the problem

i can not see the error with star diagnosis compact 3.
when i enter the enginnering menu from head unit (hang up + 1 + # ) i see the historcal errors on there. i see the hard drive write error.
when i was listening music from music register, the tracks sometimes stops and comand locks.
i found star diagnosis compact 4 , i see the navigation data error on that and refers me change the head unit.

i found the comand hard drive and i change it. the hard drive is toshiba mk8050.

when i change it then i install the datas with star diagnostic computer by the telematics dvd , everything becomes perfect.

about the theft protection error, the problem causes by kufatec tv free. i contact with the kufatec. i make a mistake when i was retrofiting tv free. i must plug the tv free first to head unit then i plug the tv free cable to CAN BUS cable. kufatec person refers me cut the battery connection from the car for 1 minute. then tv resets. it will fix my problem. yes it fix my problem.

my comand ntg 4.5 works perfect now. thanks for help.

if you want to buy ntg 4.5 , be careful. ntg 4.5's has got hard drive problem and head units are changed by mercedes from guarantee.

I have a 2011 MB C207 want to upgarde to NTG 4.5,
would you please answer me some questions:

1.does the sand color FAKRA for Bluetooth?
2.does the green color FAKRA for Rear View Camera?
3.what's purpose for the pink color connector?

THNAKS

my e-mail is: [email protected]

Last edited:
Gudikcik,
Thanks a lot
My online problem have been fixed
When I use the Mercedes-Benz apps
The weather display the not correct position
How can I fix the GPS position?

Gudikcik,
Thanks a lot
My online problem have been fixed
When I use the Mercedes-Benz apps
The weather display the not correct position
How can I fix the GPS position?

did you activate the navigation database from system menu?

check the gps antenna connection.

i fix the problem

is this an easy task, please?
I need to change the hard drive in a w204 merc. The hard drive make clicking sounds (parking heads I suppose) and sounds like it is dying. My bluetooth phone does not work, no incoming call sound and no microphone. and the voice control lady does not hear my voice at all. looks like a problem with the hard drive,

Hi gudikcik ! Are you still around? Could you please answer as to how you installed the new hard drive?
Was it a drive taken from another comand unit or a regular toshiba drive you prepared with the star diagnosis soft?
I know from anothe forum user that you cannot just take a regular 2.5 toshiba automative hard drive and plug it into the comand.
Thanks.

is this an easy task, please?
I need to change the hard drive in a w204 merc. The hard drive make clicking sounds (parking heads I suppose) and sounds like it is dying. My bluetooth phone does not work, no incoming call sound and no microphone. and the voice control lady does not hear my voice at all. looks like a problem with the hard drive,

it seems like a voltage problem. your problem maybe causes on motherboard of comand head unit.

Hi gudikcik ! Are you still around? Could you please answer as to how you installed the new hard drive?
Was it a drive taken from another comand unit or a regular toshiba drive you prepared with the star diagnosis soft?
I know from anothe forum user that you cannot just take a regular 2.5 toshiba automative hard drive and plug it into the comand.
Thanks.

you can not load the hard drive with star diagnostic computer. as i was said i make software update by star diagnosis computer with telematics dvd after changing the hard drive.

you can only install the navigation data from navigation dvd to comand head unit. ntg 4.5 needs navigation data pin code before installing. you can find the code from vedoc system with your vin number and navigation dvd number. you must contact the local dealer to take the 6 digit pin code.

you must use the same hard drive to operate the comand as well. when you try to change with other hard drives, comand do not operate. i try it but i can not operate the head unit.

i can test all of the comand systems without retrofit to any car.

scaled.php

you can see the full testing and repairing thread on our turkish mercedes benz forum :

Comand Test Tezgah

i can repair all of ntg 4 and ntg 4.5 systems as well. lots of people all over the world sending their broken comand systems to me for repairing.

Last edited:
Hello, I have a stereo like the photo, but when you press nuvi tells me not having command. Should I replace the stereo to navigate with GPS, or just need to add a module? From already thank you very much and congratulations.

Hello gudikcik,

I'm trying something similar, my plan is to retrofit the facelift w204 comand aps 4.5 to the prefacelift w204. The Head unit is working out of the box, but i'm having some problems with the screen. How did you get the right can-bus signals? i think thats where my Problems are. My screen just stays black connected to voltage and the old can bus cables..

I tried to register to the turkish MBClub-Forums, but I can't figure out that stupid security question, google translate tells me something weired like: The space above us "mbclubtr.com type" ...
;)
maybe someone can help :)
thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom