W204 Comand

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lee_marshuk

Car
Mercedes Benz C320 CDI Sport 2008
Hello everyone,

My first post to this forum - spent the last few hours reading through this goldmine! My name is Lee, I own a W204 C320CDI Sport Saloon.

I had a loan car the other day, a C220 of the same vintage as mine with Comand (2008 reg), but it had far more settings / features on the display, so I guess mine could do with a system update. I've read all the threads I could find, including the post to the downloads page of the MB site, but I cannot find one that relates to my comand.

The version is apparently 2049029801-001 - can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Lee

For map updates, according to the CURRENT C-Class brochure the first 3 years of map updates are FREE. Not sure on the logistics on this or how long this has been the case but might be worth speaking with your dealer before spending any cash

3 years free map updates are only for cars registered from June 2010. You have to take it into the dealer for the update.

Thanks guys, how have you managed to get your dealer to update? Each time it's gone in and I've requested this, they have always said that updates are not done unless there is a recall or technical reason to do so?

Cheers

If you get no joy with the dealers Richard and Alfie from ComandOnline on this forum can sort you. These chaps are real experts and put just about every main dealer to shame in terms of knowledge. I am sure they will comment when they spot this thread.

Or just go to the website and give them a call.

Thanks guys, how have you managed to get your dealer to update? Each time it's gone in and I've requested this, they have always said that updates are not done unless there is a recall or technical reason to do so?

Cheers

I have managed to get my dealers to agree to update the firmware/software since map updates did not give me all the features I should have - at the cost of one hours labour - £120.

Read the post here:

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/electronics/116937-sat-nav-2.html

Also, if you would like W204 latest map updates at a reduced price let me know.. I have updated mine, so they DVDs are for sale.

This is the update I am selling:

http://www.comandonline.co.uk/comand-aps-map-dvd-w204-c-glk-sls.html

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom