W204 Command APS Update?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Muna34

Car
Mercedes C220 CDI
Hi All,

I have just purchased a Mercedes C220 CDI Sport, 2011 W204 (Not the facelift shape)

I am looking to update the Navigation/Command as the Navigation is coming up as version 7. Could anyone help in buying a used disc?

Also how can I check in more detail the information of the navigation system. I have seen photos on here why they can see lot more than just the version?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Mo

Mo, you could be a lucky boy - if it's NTG4, the pre-facelift version of Comand (if you've got 5 digit postcode entry only, it is) you don't have to buy new DVD's so can hunt forums and Ebay for "second user" DVD's - but be sure to buy only genuine MB, not pirate copies. I've done this twice so far for my 2008 S204, installing the update is easy but takes 2 1/4 hours ignition on, so it's worth starting the engine, connect your battery charger, engine off but ignition left on. Empty the CD changer then insert DVD1, wait about 1 1/2 - 1 3/4 hours, it'll ask for DVD2, 1/2 hour later job done.

OK, I'll get flamed again about "you do not have the right to use the software, only the original purchaser does", but new DVD's (latest edition) are £150, my 2 updates using "second user" 1 year old DVD's (and selling them on after!) has cost me £40!!

Search Ebay EU for NTG4 DVD's and make sure the part number starts A204 not A211!!

Thank you very much Chrishazle, it is the one with 5 digit entry postcode. I will look around on here and also check Ebay.

O

One more quick question please, what is the engineers code all about and what difference would it make?

Thanks Mo

PS, pressed enter before asking this question and last thread!

It takes you to a hidden set of menus where you can do things that, if you get it wrong, can wreck your Comand! OK, it also gives access to information not available on the normal menus - map version installed may be one, I'm not sure what is there, but I'd be VERY careful if you go there!

Thank you Chrishazle, I will keep away from that!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom