W204 Command Interference

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy76

Car
c63 Estate
Evening Gents

The title may be misleading but I get split second pauses when listening to music etc streamed via Bluetooth from iPhone 6. Have tried deleting and reconnecting etc etc. I haven't noticed the issue during voice calls.

The pauses are almost like when a cd skips.They seem entirely random wrt timing and I can't find a way of reproducing it at will.

Music etc plays back from phone though other devices without issue so I have discounted it being a phone and as it only seems to happen when listening to bluetooth streamed media I have discounted the likelihood of a wiring issue in the car.

I'm still under warranty but it will be very difficult for anyone to diagnose. Just wondered if this is a common one or anyone knows of the fix?

Andy

Just a thought: does it coincide with receipt of an email on the iPhone?

Hi All

Just thought I would give this one a bump to see if anyone else has come across the issue.

7 Months on and MB have done the grand total of replace the Bluetooth antenna. Dealer is awaiting further instructions from MB as the problem still persists. Dealers technicians have tried a couple of phones and witnessed issue and both my own iphone 6 and my works Nokia Lumia still have the problem. (this is poorly worded as clearly the problem is with the unit in the car)

They are getting to the point where they are questioning my iphone but as I have pointed out when it happens with most phones that have been connected so it must be a command system issue.

I have asked the dealer to replace the whole Command unit but this was refused until they hear back from MB technical people. Pretty hacked off with it all now so any suggestions welcomed...

cheers
Andy

I'd have done
a) Firmware update
b) Disconnect any USB chargers or such like (speed camera detectors for instance, or recording cameras)
c) Bluetooth antenna

To see what that does.

I imagine they have not done (b) (if you have any) - but you can probably do that if they are not hard-wired in.

If not, it sounds like a blue-tooth issue with the head unit (as you say, it is reproducible with more than one different type of phone)

Richard

Thanks Richard. That pretty much whats been done, or should have been as I asked for the firmware upgrade the first time it was in. I don't have any attachments so point B isn't required.

Latest is that dealer has managed to reproduce issue in another car or maybe two. MB are saying they have never heard of issue so want further investigation works carried out.

Looks like this will be one of those time consuming niggles that no doubt will have no fix and will be a 'feature'.

Anyway, will update if they get anywhere with it

cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom