W204 Coupe 220/250 buying advice needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I love my 580Nm , effortless low rpm pootling along and often paddle shift change up before the gearbox wants to in E .

Options list, to the best of my knowledge:

- Bi-Xenon (HID) / ILS (don't think the W204 had LED headlamps?)

- Front fog lights (not sure if available in the UK?)

- Real leather (very rare, most are Artico)

- COMAND Navigation (as opposed to the standard Audio20 with Becker Map Pilot)

- Universal Media Interface (UMI)

- Logic 7 Harnan Kardon Sound System

- Reversing camera

- Speed Sign Recognition

- Heated front seats

- Dual sunroof, or panoramic glass roof

- Luxury pack, including puddle lights, footwell illumination, and door handle illumination

- Electrically folding mirrors

- Driver Assistance Pack: Distronic, Lane Keep Assist, Blind Spot Assist (very rare on a W204)

Reactions: Abb
Thank you for that MJ. Anyone know when they decided to package their trim levels as Sport plus/Premium/Premium plus etc oppose to just options extras?

Options list, to the best of my knowledge:

- Bi-Xenon (HID) / ILS (don't think the W204 had LED headlamps?)

- Front fog lights (not sure if available in the UK?)

- Real leather (very rare, most are Artico)

- COMAND Navigation (as opposed to the standard Audio20 with Becker Map Pilot)

- Universal Media Interface (UMI)

- Logic 7 Harnan Kardon Sound System

- Reversing camera

- Speed Sign Recognition

- Heated front seats

- Dual sunroof, or panoramic glass roof

- Luxury pack, including puddle lights, footwell illumination, and door handle illumination

- Electrically folding mirrors

- Driver Assistance Pack: Distronic, Lane Keep Assist, Blind Spot Assist (very rare on a W204)

Also electric memory seats.

Nice motor , but give me real leather and privacy glass any day .

Nice wheels too , but will shortly face the usual diamond cut shortcomings.

Nice motor , but give me real leather and privacy glass any day .

Nice wheels too , but will shortly face the usual diamond cut shortcomings.
@Gazwould
Just out of interest what have you done to your to get to the "sweet spot"? I have an S204 C250 cdi AMG sport also. Love it and the associate torque. really suites my driving. Just wondered what work you have had done.
Cheers

Remap and
2020-02-14 09.14.32.jpg

The biggest difference was actually the Sprint Booster .

Ah nice.
A friend has a w204 C250 cdi amg saloon with a decent remap only, which I got to drive, noticably better pick up than stock, quite impressive. They are not slow in stock form!!
cheers

i like the security feature on the sprint booster.. You can de-activate the accelerator pedal in Lock mode and it requires a 3 digit pin to re-activate it..

Nice that...

As well as the better throttle responce etc..

£195 , the throttle plate moves more accurately and quicker , a 1:1 relationship like the good old drive by cable .

Torque is made quicker and that horrible pulling out delay is gone , and early dead pedal travel .

I've disconnected the controller and left it in race 9 for stealth .

The only grey area is if the pedal travel is 1/2 or 3/4 to maximum throttle plate opening as per some graphs or 100% pedal travel to 100% plate opening in the videos of the working Sema display .

What would put it to bed would be if someone stripped back and videoed it's operation .

It doesn't matter really , just a curiosity as I'm and alot of others are very happy with the product .

Just don't like the gearbox now for it's overridding , slow changes and allowing a car that now makes peak power at 3500 to rev to 4700 .

Im reading this after buying mine... Maybe that was the wrong order!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom