W204 Coupe DAB Aerial Questions, Please help!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steve77

Car
C250 CDI
My Dab reception is hit and miss, one day its good, the next day its poor. I have a Audio 20 6 disc head unit. My previous car, a Bmw 1 series coupe had Dab as standard and was lots better but still not brilliant. My Bmw before that one I fitted a Autodab module that worked with the steering wheel controls with a screen mount amplified aerial and that reception was excellent although the aerial didn't look great on the front screen!
I've purchased another amplified aerial and located it on the rear quarter window so its not noticeable from outside with the tinted windows. I have also purchased a fakra splitter so I can run the new aerial alongside the standard Dab aerial.
I've stumbled across a problem and need help! Is the Dab built into the head unit or is there a separate module? What colour plug am I looking for into the head unit/module from the original Dab aerial?

Thanks in advance, Steve.

I believe it will be a separate module, but that is all the help I can offer I am afraid. You are a fair way down the track, but I wonder how you have decided that you have an antenna problem. If you are getting a "device unavailable message" this may be a problem caused by the DAB tuner being unable to cope with a high density of transmitters. There is a software fix for this. Should you not be able to solve your problem, these people are very well regarded and might be able to offer you a solution:
Catalog

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom