W204 creaking dash panel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R3BB

Car
C350
Has anyone else had the issue of the upper dash panel creaking?
My car is a 2012 C350 Estate, and it's developed a creak over a time which is pretty annoying now!
It seems to be the panel around the screen to the left of the dials.
Before I pull it apart, has anyone done this and what did you do to resolve it?

Are you sure its the dash? I had an annoying creak/squeek on mine that I was convinced it was the top of the dash board. Purely by accident I managed to stop it by holding onto the sun visor. I think the sound semed to travel. I cured it with some silicon spray but I would have sworn blind it was the top of the dash squeeking away, but it wasnt.

Mines a C250 cdi 2012 estate.

My 2014 c c class had a annoying dash rattle, eventually found it was the fuse holder loose st the end of the dash on the drivers side. Cured it by use of felt tape where the unit clicked into place, previously I could move it when clicked in position, vibrations seemed to appear at different locations driving me mad trying to find cause.

My rattle was the Mercedes Me adaptor plugged into the OBD

Any joy in fixing it? Sometimes a silicon spray and lube up the plastics enough to stop creak, not always though.

Centre console? Driver’s side there’s a hatch adjacent the steering wheel, pry it out and reach behind the fans. Maybe some loose cabling

Buy some felt tape and go to town. I've ripped half my dash apart multiple times and now it's pretty much silent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom