W204 DAB Radio Options?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mpc

Car
2018 S205 C250 AMG LINE PREMIUM D AUTO
I realise this question has been asked many times previously but they have been posted long ago.
I am wanting to know if there is anything on the market now that is a simple plug & play type of DAB solution (via USB in the car)?
I have looked at comandonline but getting on for 1k is a bit far fetched....

Also have a question regarding DAB.
Recently purchased a 2013 W204 C63 coupe and I can't find the DAB option in the Comand unit. When looking at the available frequencies, I see the usuals; FM. AM, etc. but no DAB. Is this normal or can it be activated via the "Engineering" page?

I have a 2013 W204 220 and i think it's a bit ridiculous that Mercedes did not fit DAB radios when my last car, a 2013 Ford Focus came with DAB as standard.

Ahhh so it seems that DAB was an option. That's really a cheap trick

As above, DAB was an option, www.comandonline.co.uk can retrofit it or recommend alternatives.

I had COMAND NTG4.7 retrofitting by them, but didn't choose the DAB option at the time, I am fine with FM and Internet Radio, though the later hasn't been working for a few weeks now (might be a problem at MB's side).;

OP here, the comandonline option is not really any good to me as I live in NE England nr Middlesbrough and they are based near london.
I too was also surprised that my car wasn't fitted with DAB as its quite a high spec vehicle as is.
I also wondered if there was a way of activating it via engineering page but i guess not.

OP here, the comandonline option is not really any good to me as I live in NE England nr Middlesbrough and they are based near london.
I too was also surprised that my car wasn't fitted with DAB as its quite a high spec vehicle as is.
I also wondered if there was a way of activating it via engineering page but i guess not.

It's not a software activation thing, Mercedes DAB is an additional (optional) hardware module that lives under the dash behind the CONAND unit.

For the princely sum of £25, in my old car (prefacelift, back in 2014) I got a Bush DAB usb dongle and it worked flawlessly

Plug the aux lead in on one end, plug the usb in the other end for power. Select your station and enjoy. I imagine nowadays there’s plenty of dab dongles around

I know it's not answering your query, but have you tried to Bluetooth music from a radio app on your mobile? It works very well for me, and can change stations from steering wheel.

I know it's not answering your query, but have you tried to Bluetooth music from a radio app on your mobile? It works very well for me, and can change stations from steering wheel.

Ah, I hadn't thought of using the Bluetooth option to connect internet radio onto the Comand. Just need to figure out who to do it. Phone is already paired to Comand, so perhaps connecting internet radio will be simple. I'll give it a try...

Ah, I hadn't thought of using the Bluetooth option to connect internet radio onto the Comand. Just need to figure out who to do it. Phone is already paired to Comand, so perhaps connecting internet radio will be simple. I'll give it a try...

I use VRadio. There's literally thousands of stations. Best to choose a dozen or so favourites, otherwise you'll be scrolling forever looking for your station.

some of the prices I’ve seen people quoted to retrofit are ridiculous, makes a lot more sense to simply buy an unlimited data SIM and stream it through Bluetooth via something like the app “Radio UK”

Press on DISC several times until you see the BLUETOOTH screen, then chose audio BT device - and your phone will stream to COMAND.

some of the prices I’ve seen people quoted to retrofit are ridiculous, makes a lot more sense to simply buy an unlimited data SIM and stream it through Bluetooth via something like the app “Radio UK”

Only speaking from persons experience, but the amount of data used is surprisingly little.
I have an 8GB monthly limit, but have never gone above 4 GB, usually around 2GB. And that includes data for all my other apps.

my 2013 w204 has dab, i also thought it must have come standard as i think i have the audio 20 (i have the becker) that is a surprise

Same here. I used to be obsessed with having DAB radio, but your phone had everything these days.

Something I found out recently is that you do not get the best sound from Bluetooth. Hardwire via the 3.5mm jack plug or USB are better options...

I just had DAB fitted to my W204 today from a company called justconnectme the product I have is the justdrive it was £180 and is an FM transmitter so it uses a spare FM signal the chap has programmed it to preset 0 so when my daughter is in the car and she doesent want to listen to dads old music I can just hit preset 2 for kiss fm and then back to 0 for DAB the gadget is behind the dash somewhere you wouldn't know he has been in the car apart from a thin aerial stuck in the top left corner of the screen,the gadget works by remote so you have a tiny remote control which you can search and store your DAB stations on,i have had this thing fitted on 4 of my previous cars and haven't been able to fault it once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom