W204 DAB Radio Options?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I just had DAB fitted to my W204 today from a company called justconnectme the product I have is the justdrive it was £180 and is an FM transmitter so it uses a spare FM signal the chap has programmed it to preset 0 so when my daughter is in the car and she doesent want to listen to dads old music I can just hit preset 2 for kiss fm and then back to 0 for DAB the gadget is behind the dash somewhere you wouldn't know he has been in the car apart from a thin aerial stuck in the top left corner of the screen,the gadget works by remote so you have a tiny remote control which you can search and store your DAB stations on,i have had this thing fitted on 4 of my previous cars and haven't been able to fault it once.
Sounds very similar to the Pure Highway products. I have a Nextbase DAB+ adapter in my SL, it works great and only cost £32.

For the princely sum of £25, in my old car (prefacelift, back in 2014) I got a Bush DAB usb dongle and it worked flawlessly

Plug the aux lead in on one end, plug the usb in the other end for power. Select your station and enjoy. I imagine nowadays there’s plenty of dab dongles around

What did you use for an aerial?

My 2014 has DAB. Never been impressed with the reception when using DAB, too much dropout. Thank goodness that FM lives on.

I had a device the connected the kids iPhone to COMAND via the FM radio, it generally worked well, only issue was that when traveling outside London the radio stations' frequencies would change and occasionally the free FM channel that we used in town no longer worked and we needed to change channel.

Can you still buy these? Got any web links to one?

Something like this would suffice, although they seem to have changed since I owned one

I only ever listened to 1Xtra or Kisstory so I’d usually set the dongle to a station and leave it tucked in the glovebox. This unit looks more ideal as it comes with cables, and you can mount it where you like for easy use ~

Pure Highway 200 In-Car DAB+/DAB Digital Radio FM Adapter with AUX Input for Music Playback – DAB Car Radio Adapter/Transmitter, Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B077ZYXVWW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_sfjjFbX5AP97B

Something like this would suffice, although they seem to have changed since I owned one

I only ever listened to 1Xtra or Kisstory so I’d usually set the dongle to a station and leave it tucked in the glovebox. This unit looks more ideal as it comes with cables, and you can mount it where you like for easy use ~

Pure Highway 200 In-Car DAB+/DAB Digital Radio FM Adapter with AUX Input for Music Playback – DAB Car Radio Adapter/Transmitter, Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B077ZYXVWW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_sfjjFbX5AP97B

OK, i liked the sound of what you had as there was no ugly aerial stuck to the windscreen and nothing could be seen. Everything i see now online looks like a USB stick with an aerial attachment.

OK, i liked the sound of what you had as there was no ugly aerial stuck to the windscreen and nothing could be seen. Everything i see now online looks like a USB stick with an aerial attachment.

Oh I see what you mean, it has an aerial. I thought that was just a picture of the aux lead

Something like this is what you want. Just need a micro USB > USB adapter (between your car usb and the unit) plug your aux into the headphone slot

keyword with players/dongles like these would be ‘personal dab player’, you just need a powered one via a USB lead as opposed to one that plugs into either mains, or the cigarette charger. Your car (aux) is essentially the headphones

Portable DAB/DAB+ & FM Radio, Rechargeable Battery Powered Portable DAB Radios Pocket Digital Radio with USB Charging for 8 Hours Playback Portable DAB/DAB+ & FM Radio, Rechargeable Battery Powered Portable DAB Radios Pocket Digital Radio with USB Charging for 8 Hours Playback: Amazon.co.uk: TV

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom