W204 door card repair

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RicB

Car
AMG C63 Coupe
Hi, i've recently bought a 2013 C class coupe and new to this forum. I need to swap out the drivers door card trims, the aluminium inserts, leather panel and handle/arm rest.
Has anyone removed these, i need a few pointers on how to without damaging things. The panel is off the car.
Thanks in advance

I'm not 100% on this but as far as I'm aware, they either don't come out or are a pain in the backside to pry from the door card

I think most people rather than changing them have either sprayed the inserts/dipped them or changed the door card in its entirety to one they prefer

Thanks, i know the hard aluminium bits must come off because ive seen carbon fibre wrapped items by exchange, im sure someone must have done this.

Yes thanks, that is part of what i want to take off. Ive tried to upload a photo but it seems to fail every time.

Yes there are these "starlock" fasteners the hold the hard aluminium coloured trim on, looks like they come off either by bending the tabs up or just cutting them off and fitting new.
The other parts seem to have torx screws which are obviously easy and thermal spot welds which look difficult to remove and be able to refix, anyone done these?

Quick update incase anyone needs to do this, the aluminium inserts come off pretty easy, you just need to pry up the teeth on the star locks and the come off.
My door card was actually damaged on the top vinyl part so i ended up swapping just that section as it looked too difficult to remove the leather panel.
It was fixed by a series of termal welds that just needed the top drilling out, the replacement was secured with screws and plastic washers, looks completely original.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom