W204 door opening/unlocking problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C63AndyP

Car
W204 C63
Hi all.

I have a bit of a niggly issue with my W204 C63 coupe.

For a while now the drivers door has been acting up, basically when you unlock the car with the remote, the door seems to unlock as the pin pops up, but it takes 2 or 3 pulls on the handle before the door would open, the feeling through the handle is as if something isn't quite catching, and can occasionally take another press of the unlock button on the fob before it will open.

Another odd thing is that if it happens when you are already in the car and effectively locked in, no matter how many times you lock/unlock the car with the botton on the inside of the door, it still wont open, it will only open with a press of the button on the fob, as if somehow they are different.

Im under the impression that the door unlocks because the pin always pops up and the door will open after a few pulls on the handle usually.

It doesn't always happen, but seems to be getting a bit more regular.

Can anyone shed any light?

Thanks

This is an old thread but I have a similar problem on my C220 W204 (2011) and I can't find much information. My problem has gotten worse and on multiple doors. Sometimes its one or sometimes more doors and randomly happens. Same door will some time open and other times the exact problem as OP described. @C63AndyP did you ever get a solution?

My Drivers Door did this on my Previous W204, i just used to squirt 3in1 oil spray in the lock, handle etc. and it used to stop it for weeks then it would come back, then repeat etc.
The Garage told me it was just wear within the lock, and gunge, hence the oil did work for a time. Other than that I would have got a new lock. You may find that once it has been squirted a couple of times, it may cure it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom