W204 drivers seat inoperable

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CosmicGrey

Car
C-Class C220 Sport (W204)
Hey, apologies as from my searches I can see there is a whole lot of issues with merc electric seats but I couldn't find anything relating to the issue I'm having.

Today my drivers side seat decided to stop working, I have full leather seats which are also heated, I can still move the whole seat forward/backwards as this part is manual but the recline/raise on the seat is electric which isn't working.

The switch clicks as it was before the issues but there is no noise at all from the motor and nothing seems to happen, I've checked the fuses in the boot and bonnet, all fine. Some forums talk about a third fuse box in the cabin but I couldn't find this (UK model)

This issue also happened a few months ago but rectified itself fairly quickly. So far I have sprayed pressured air into the button to clear the dust and unplugged the seat and plugged it back in, no joy. I've also tried pushing the seat whilst pressing the switch and nothing. I've checked for wiring damage but all look ok. Passenger seat works perfectly.

Would be much appreciated if anyone could provide possible solutions!

The car is a 2009 model (pre-facelift)

Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom