W204 Electronics glitching

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IanMSpencer

Car
C220Cdi Estate
In the last month I've had 3 odd glitches on my 2012 W204 220 Cdi AMG Sport estate (35,000 miles) - absolutely stock.

1. Driving in Gloucester on 40mph road with speed limiter set, doing a short steep descent let the limiter do its thing, half way down the door locks popped. Unsettling!

2. Driving across a series of reasonably aggressive speed humps, distinctly after dropping off one, the instrument panel died, with the only active thing being the warning display saying limiter and cruise control disabled. Pulled over, restarted and all was fine, no engine or gear box glitches noted, purely the display dying.

3. Having set the sat-nav, about to set off and the music and display switched off un-commanded (as opposed to my usual trick of trying to select something with that large tempting button below the display - Doh!).

The slightly unrelated nature of these glitches makes me nervous. Aside from wiggling every fuse in the hope that one is not properly seated and causing some spike, any other suggestions?

Tried testing the car battery? Seems it's going to fail soon..and limiter malfunctions or hill-assist malfunctions are the only clues you'll get.

Tried testing the car battery? Seems it's going to fail soon..and limiter malfunctions or hill-assist malfunctions are the only clues you'll get.
Worth a check. VW Golf I had went for bizarre behaviour with a weak battery.

As others have said I'd guess battery?

Amazing how many electrical gremlins appear when the battery connections are loose or the battery is dying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom