W204 Engine Cut Out

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lgm63

Car
C250 CDI BlueEfficiency Saloon
Hi All

This is a request for help.

I have a 59 plate C250 CDI Blue Efficiency and a couple of weeks ago was driving as normal, pulling away from a roundabout but not particularly hard accelerating when the engine just ........stopped.

Managed to coast to the next layby, tried to restart to no avail.

What has been tried so far: New fuel pump (we thought maybe the fuel pump had not been balancing the fuel in the two chambers under the rear seats as one was empty and one full), new spill pipes (diagnostic check returned a fault code P0087 fuel pressure too low general failure) and we did notice air bubbles at the spill pipe connections, also we tried replacing the fuel pressure switch at the end of the rail. We are getting plenty fuel to the engine but she just will not start. Turns over as normal, no other warnings or symptoms present.

Help! Desperately want to get this resolved before Thursday as have to drive to Plymouth for stepson's passing out parade. Any similar experiences or possible resolutions greatly appreciated. Highly frustrating!

Thanks.

Les

not sure if my problem is similar to yours. car wouldn't start this morning. AA called out and said it sounded like fuel problem, car would turn over but not fire. he found the issue to be the relay in the boot that was failing. I posted on here a short time ago asking what current relay part number replaced the old 4RA 007 813-00.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom