W204 Engine ECU (106000) - one or more signals from instrument cluster implausible?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

icedillon

Hi Guys,

thumbnail_IMG_8208.jpg thumbnail_IMG_8221.jpg
I've managed to fix most of the faults on this car which were caused mainly by water ingress after an accident in the front ( I purchased as a non runner from a salvage yard). I have changed all the can bus connectors in the gutters but there is this one fault that is puzzling me.

A couple of things, firstly the fault is indicated as a "i" instead of "f" in the engine ecu, so does that mean its for information only and won't affect the driving? Secondly since I think I have fixed everything that needed repairing or changing and that the signals are "plausible" is it a software/programming issue?

I have noticed that the DPF has been removed, is this possibly something related with that along with the engine ecu not reprogrammed correctly to delete the dpf? does the coding need to be changed in IC to reflect that?

There are no fault codes in the IC.

I have also been told that it might be when someone has changed the mileage? I can't see any signs of that though.

Any ideas greatly appreciated as I'm clueless now and shooting in the dark.

May be an aftermarket map on the car incorporating a dpf delete

Is that what happens when it's had a remap? I haven't even had a chance to drive it yet. Just want to know if I can ignore it really

I just come to that conclusion with your mention of no dpf filter

Do you have any symptoms?

No symptoms i think its an outside temp sensor fault

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom