W204 Engine Light On?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mojomaker

Car
C Class C250d
C250cdi - 195,000 miles...
Today on my way home, engine faltered, lost power and engine management light came on. I knew it was likely imminent as in Eco mode for the last couple of weeks it started being slightly hesitant whilst accelerating.

I remember around 95,000 it had the MAF sensor replaced, as it's about the same mileage again would it be likely to be a repeat or EGR? Mostly motorway use, around 3,000 monthly miles covered. It's in for a service & water pump on Friday so will go on Star then but I need to keep travelling between Dover & Braintree until Thursday. No other issues, stop start fine, no noises or smoke. Thanks...

I ask my garage to plug theirs in. Why spend money on another gadget, normally I like my presents to be a surprise but if you're buying? Thanks...👍

Owning an older MB with high mileage makes owning a device like the one posted by Gazwould almost a must. It was almost the first thing I bought when I bought my MB .

It can pay for itself the first time it's plugged in. If you have a garage that will diagnose your car for free every time you need it done then fair enough......

Owning an older MB with high mileage makes owning a device like the one posted by Gazwould almost a must. It was almost the first thing I bought when I bought my MB .

It can pay for itself the first time it's plugged in. If you have a garage that will diagnose your car for free every time you need it done then fair enough......
Agreed, a friend has something similar for his Jag as he doesn't do the miles & lives a distance from his garage repairer. I'm in the fortunate or unfortunate situation of doing high miles, I almost have a loyalty card for my garage! As I smile a lot and because I spend lots of money with them, they're quite happy to give me their time on occassions for free. It's nice & appreciated, thus creating some loyalty.

Hope that clarifies my circumstances as I wouldn't want someone thinking I was being facetious...

Plugged in today & fault was diagnosed as a simple large hose had split between oil cooler and inlet manifold. Hopefully all is well again soon.

I'd like to think she's good for at least quarter of a million miles before ULEZ means saying goodbye...

Not sure why the oil cooler would be connected to the inlet manifold ? More likely to be the intercooler :dk:

Not sure why the oil cooler would be connected to the inlet manifold ? More likely to be the intercooler :dk:
Correct, where do I send your certificate of merit to?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom