w204 estate hand brake adjust

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tonygardner

Car
c200 d sport w205
hi all i need to adjust my hand brake on my w204 estate , the pedal no longer pops up when released , i used to have a w203 estate and the adjustment was under the rear seats easy , but i cant seem to find it on the w204
thanks tony

Adjustment for this model is done at the discs, you'd need to jack the car up and find the adjustment screws to tighten them up

I believe they're at the rear discs, but I've not personally done this. Only have read about it

Dead easy to do, search tinternet or go to pelican parts site, brake shoes are in the disc hub and adjusters are accessed through holes in the face of the hub, all you need is a flat blade screwdriver.

Dead easy to do, search tinternet or go to pelican parts site, brake shoes are in the disc hub and adjusters are accessed through holes in the face of the hub, all you need is a flat blade screwdriver.

3 generations on and the parking brake is still the same as my old W201.

One thing I found when making the adjustment was to do it tighter than the book specified. You flick the star wheel adjuster with a screw driver until the the disc binds on the shoes and then back off by some set amount. That set amount I found was too much and I used to back off only enough to have the disc rotate freely.

3 generations on and the parking brake is still the same as my old W201.

One thing I found when making the adjustment was to do it tighter than the book specified. You flick the star wheel adjuster with a screw driver until the the disc binds on the shoes and then back off by some set amount. That set amount I found was too much and I used to back off only enough to have the disc rotate freely.

More than three generations , it was exactly the same at least as far back as the W114/5 'New Generation' introduced in 1968 .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom