W204 Estate power tailgate / boot lid issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roscoeni

Hey guys,

Recently picked up my 08 c class estate after owning a few different model w219 cls. Awesome all rounder.

But... Have a problem! The power tailgate/boot lid was working fine until the weekend, I pulled the lever to open and the boot rose to smoothly, then once it got to the top of the movement it clicked and almost banged as if the motor was missing a gear or as if it was trying to rise higher than the hinges would allow.

When the boot is closed it also looks as if has dropped by a few millimetres on the right hand side, the side the motor and pulley sits on

Really strange!

Just wondering if anyone has ever experience something like this before or know what would cause something like this.

Many thanks in return for any info you guys can give me!

I recentley have been having the same issue with my Mercedes c220 and came across this thread.
Sorry to bump it up being so old but has anyone else come across this or found the cause ? Symptoms the same as OP, opens to the maximum, clunks drops a bit on the hinges also looks like tailgate slightly out of allignment to sides of 1/4s
Tried setting the tailgate height using the tailgate button did not solve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom