W204 facelift folded mirrors after flat battery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stroppie

Car
C250CDI Facelift
W204 facelift has been in storage where AGM battery ran down to point where I had to open drivers door with manual key (removed from remote) to access bonnet catch to charge battery. Mirrors were folded (auto fold function was activated) during storage and battery drain and manual car unlocking exercise. This car is not fitted with the power fold button between the left and right mirror button. Battery has now been recharged with appropriate charger and car starts as normal. Mirrors does not unfold at all. Have tried all 'recipes' I could find on the web. Switched function on and off again in Convenience menu and locked and unlocked car again but to no avail. Seems like all that remains is STAR at the workshop. Any ideas about trying something else at home during this long weekend?

W204 facelift has been in storage where AGM battery ran down to point where I had to open drivers door with manual key (removed from remote) to access bonnet catch to charge battery. Mirrors were folded (auto fold function was activated) during storage and battery drain and manual car unlocking exercise. This car is not fitted with the power fold button between the left and right mirror button. Battery has now been recharged with appropriate charger and car starts as normal. Mirrors does not unfold at all. Have tried all 'recipes' I could find on the web. Switched function on and off again in Convenience menu and locked and unlocked car again but to no avail. Seems like all that remains is STAR at the workshop. Any ideas about trying something else at home during this long weekend?

I’m confused

The mirrors auto fold on locking the car (and presumably unfold on unlock) but you dont have a button in the switch panel to open / close them ?

If you have no button then I guess it will need a session on STAR to normalise the wing mirrors.

I’m confused

The mirrors auto fold on locking the car (and presumably unfold on unlock) but you dont have a button in the switch panel to open / close them ?
This car is not fitted with the power fold button between the left and right mirror button. Yes there is only a blank filling the space where other vehicles have the power fold button. Very annoying I agree. I am sure that if the car were fitted with the power fold button, like almost all the other cars I saw in the blogs discussing similar problems, I could have done what STAR did and would have had the mirrors opened in a jiffy.

Last edited:
The fuse dealing with the Folding mirrors is no's 2 & 3 in the fuse box in the engine bay....both 30A units and they are intact and have been throughout the ordeal. Fact is that they are used for a multitude of functions and if they were blown it would have shown other symptoms like e.g. central locking not working properly either. Thank you for the thought and the link anyway.

Are you sure they haven't just seized up with a lack of use? Try moving them with your hand when you unlock the car after spraying some lube into the joint?

That is exactly what it took. STAR have a function for RH Mirror and LH Mirror folding. Once that was done and the Auto Fold reactivated everything was hunky dory. Thank you for your reply.

How bizarre that the mirrors only fold / unfold when locking / unlocking the car.

Has a previous owner replaced the switch with the wrong one, possibly a cheap used one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom