(W204 Facelift) Lane Keeping Assist?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

M.Khalid

Car
Mercedes W209 CLK350 Sport Auto
Hi Everyone,

I was looking on AutoTrader for some W204 Facelift C63 Sedan as I may buy one in the near future, and I asked myself the following question:

-Does every (or almost every) C63 facelift have Lane Keeping assist?

No one mentions Lane Keeping Assist on their adds, however you can see the little camera on the top of the windscreen (next to the light and wiper sensor) on almost every facelift C63.
Is this a camera for Lane Keeping Assist? :dk:
imgres

Regards,

This applies to more than the W204.

Almost none do. Lane keeping assist tends to be part of driving assistance pack, so if it has Distronic+ then it will probably have LKA.

Camera can be for
Lane keeping assist.
Speed Limit Assist
Highbeam assist
(although different cameras support different combinations of things)

Speed Limit assist often comes with COMAND (sometimes packaged together)
High beam assist requires ILS, and often comes with ILS (on W204)

I say "often comes with" meaning that some model years / model series it was bundled together, some it wasn't.

If you have Lane Keeping Assist and COMAND, retrofitting Speed Limit Assist isn't too complex (i.e. you don't need a new camera)
If you have ILS and have either Lane Keeping Assist or Speed Limit Assist, then adding High beam assist isn't too complex (i.e you don't need a new camera)

Richard

Thank you Richard!

Well none of the C63's on Autotrader has Distronic as I cannot see the Distrionic Star on the front grill. So according to your information there is none with LKA.

So the camera I am seeing on the windscreen could be for Speed Keeping Assist or High Beam Assist.

Regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom