W204 Facelift Rear Indicator

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

p2djx

Car
2012 W204 C250 BlueEfficiency AMG Sport
So this morning my rear near side indicator gave up the ghost ( facelift with LEDs) garage reckon the entire light unit needs replaced and one will be ordered on Monday. Anything else that can be checked surely a full rear light is overkill just for the indicator not working ??

funnily enough, i am sure the outside column of 4 on both mine are shot as never blink when check them - should they?
i took it out and cannot see how to separate the 2parts of the light cluster to see if can replace individual ones or not - so i would say not and yes is a full replacement

Ok so, here's one for those who like a brain teaser. Every few days the indicator bank refuses to work, fast blinking inside the car, rear tail lights flashes instead, warning advisory on dash. I would at this point go into the boot, unplug the connectors to the light cluster, say a little prayer, give up, go in and have a coffee, think this isnt beating me, return to the car and hey ho it would be working. and would do for a few days.
Ive sat and thought what makes it work when I leave the car and return. What do I do differently - answer - lock and unlock the car so at the weekend the indicator threw its hissy fit as I entered a car park. SO when I stopped I re-tried the indicator, wasnt working. Whilst in the car locked it via the fob, unlocked it - and hey presto - a working indicator. So it seams locking the car and unlocking fixes it. Is this anything to do with the locking sequence sending a signal to the indicators in a way that possibly jolts a sticky relay or something ?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom