W204 Facelift water in speaker

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rob_miller

Car
2012 BMW 530d M Sport
I have a 2011 C class facelift that seems to water getting into the speaker whenever it rains or when the car is washed. I spoke to Braybrooks who have been very helpful and have given me a price of £145 for a repair which includes a new speaker, labour, mobile fitting and other minor alterations that will prevent it from happening again.

I am just wondering if anyone else has had this type of problem with the rear door speaker and what steps were taken to resolve it.

Helpful? Surely that should be a warranty job and no charge made as its obviously some sort of fault.

Yes it should be but the dealer is absolutely useless. Damaged my previous cars on four seperate occasions.

^ Use a different dealer and save yourself £145 to boot.

Take it somewhere else man! Must be a warranty job ....

Hi Rob. Sorry to hear about this. Speak directly and in person to the dealer principal at Braybrooks and tell him if he does not sort it you will take the matter to Milton Keynes.

Hi Rob. Sorry to hear about this. Speak directly and in person to the dealer principal at Braybrooks and tell him if he does not sort it you will take the matter to Milton Keynes.

Braybrooks sell car radios, they won't be bothered what anyone in Milton Keynes happens to think.

Agree with the other replies. Surely this has resulted from a faulty seal in which case it's a warranty job without question and if the dealer is unwilling to fix free of charge then MB would want to know about it ...

If this happened to me, picking up my car on Friday so it Might! I would get very annoyed if the dealer did not perform. When I get very annoyed if my wife is with me when she spots the signs she will leave and wait outside as I will empty the dealership/shop.

This only happens if I am sure of my ground, I have read the warranty and sales agreement already and checked for the latest consumer law, oddly I strongly disagree with pushing hard just to get your own way but if you are being refused your rights it winds me up.

In short you have paid a lot of money for a new car that is faulty, get the supplier to fix it.

There is a 'similar ' common problem to this in the commercial world of refrigeration, well crappy domestic anyway.
Its because there are 4 stress points on a 4 cornered door, (ideal would be 3) and the doors go out of shape slightly at one of the 4 points, leaving a gap in the seal around part of the door.

What happens usually is the customer is given a distracting challenge, which means leaving the room, and the engineer then, using a large boot, skill and judgement heaves on the door until its back into shape.

Now whether this exactly applies to a car door I couldn't say. Only fully trained and highly skilled experts could do that.

But worth bearing in mind !

Sounds like the weatherproof membrane on the back of the door card isnt doing its job correctly. Maybe its torn or just isnt fitted correctly. Water does get down the inside of the doorcard , but should be kept back with a waterproof sheet thats stuck to the inside of the door.

Back a dealer , a different one...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom