W204 fault code reader.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cymruambyth

Car
I`ve had a quick scan but can`t find any current replies.

Which code readers do you guys recommend currently? I`m after something which connects from the OBD to laptop preferably.....and can be used by a complete numpty.....me :D

Cheers.

Some low-cost alternatives...:

You can use the Torque App on you mobile phone with ELM327 OBDII Bluetooth adaptor - very very cheap and very reliable, but it reads only standard OBDII codes i.e. engine and transmission only, so won't read or reset any MB-specific ECUs such as airbag/SRS, ESP/ABS, etc etc.

Or you could use the Carly for Mercedes App, which does read quite a few MB-Specific ECUs, but it costs a bit more and also requires a propriety OBDII Bluetooth adaptor. Carly is nowhere near STAR or iCarsoft or any of the professional MB code readers, but for the price well worth it.

Another reasonably prices option is this standalone reader:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00VK4J4CU/?tag=amazon0e9db-21

I`ve had a quick scan but can`t find any current replies.

Which code readers do you guys recommend currently? I`m after something which connects from the OBD to laptop preferably.....and can be used by a complete numpty.....me :D

Cheers.
iCarsoft MB 2 works fine for me, good value at +/- £150. Feels robust and has free online support update.

icarsoft I980 for me. £85 new and reads and clears all my fault codes

where from please? - cheapest I can find is £99 - anyone selling a used unit? ;-)
cheers

icarsoft i980 - just bought a used one off ebay

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom