W204 folding mirror mod activation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Badboysun

Car
C200 CDI Executive SE
I've recently retrofitted folding mirrors, folding mirror switch and door modules to my C200 CDI 2013, but the mirrors don't fold when you press the new fold button, Is there any one in the north east who has a Star machine who can activate this for me. I have previously modded several Mercedes cars and this was simply plug and play, this now seems to be different ball game.
I tried getting information from Mercedes but they said this is a unauthorised modification.

Does this mean that the more modern MBs that require code files from Germany cannot be 'upgraded' unless it's an official retrofit?

I guess the guys at Comand.co.uk are the ones to ask.

I've recently retrofitted folding mirrors, folding mirror switch and door modules to my C200 CDI 2013, but the mirrors don't fold when you press the new fold button, Is there any one in the north east who has a Star machine who can activate this for me. I have previously modded several Mercedes cars and this was simply plug and play, this now seems to be different ball game.
I tried getting information from Mercedes but they said this is a unauthorised modification.

Dont tell me, I bet it was Sytner in the North East that told you that????

We can activate it for you but it isnt a simple 'switch on the option'. The car needs coding online to Mercedes in Germany. This can only be done with a genuine Xentry system.

Give us a call on 01276 474900 and we can book you in.

The Group who told me they could not help me was Inchcape Oxford who refused to give me the part number required, I did some research found the numbers ordered new mirrors, new switch unit, and checked the door modules could accommodate the mirrors. I fitted all parts my self.
Saturday Morning, I went to my local Mercedes dealership and asked them if they could programm my car for me, They told me it entailed sending to Germany for the 500 folding mirror software and update my car records, and as I was one of their regular customers they would. Result my car is booked in on Wednesday to be programmed for a nominal fee.

The Group who told me they could not help me was Inchcape Oxford who refused to give me the part number required, I did some research found the numbers ordered new mirrors, new switch unit, and checked the door modules could accommodate the mirrors. I fitted all parts my self.
Saturday Morning, I went to my local Mercedes dealership and asked them if they could programm my car for me, They told me it entailed sending to Germany for the 500 folding mirror software and update my car records, and as I was one of their regular customers they would. Result my car is booked in on Wednesday to be programmed for a nominal fee.

They dont actually need to get any software at all.

Sounds like you found someone who sort of knows what they are doing. good luck.

Thanks all for your help, Car coded by main dealer, works great has I thought it would,
a little word of warning to other who might want to do this , get to know your part numbers there are wing mirror with the last two digit ending in 16,96, & 76, all for W204 cars,
Car Mods so far. 17" AMG's, sport pedals including foot rest pedal, Underseat storage, folding mirrors,Becker Module,Merc front & rear mudguards.

Folding mirrors for a c200

Hi Badboysun
Can you give me part numbers and approx prices to retrofit folding mirrors - I too have a C200 Executive SE 2013 model
Thanks
Mercroy

Hi guys,

I've just undertaken the same mod, surprise, surprise, the fold does not function, so to activate the fold on wings it need to be done by main dealer only then?

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom