W204 Footwell lighting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gibsonk

Car
Mercedes
Firstly apologies if this has been asked previously, I can’t find much specific.

Is there any method of adjusting the footwell lighting brightness on my MY2010 C350

I can’t find anything in the settings how to do this, even a golf I had on a 11 plate has this option, but not on my Merc I am slightly confused.

What I want to do is to have the footwell lighting on dimly when at night driving, now if I squint it seems to be on very slightly but hardly noticeable.

I guess if it’s not adjustable then brighter LEDs would suffice, if it uses LEDs that is

Many thanks in advance

There should be a dimmer dial near around the dash area, however, this will probably dim all the lights for the whole interior of the car.

This is my experience in my W211.

I have a W204 MY2012 No adjustment of footwell lights. The bulb is a halogen W5W, this can be replaced with LED. I have used blue LED's.

I found the dash light adjustment, just need to check if it help the footwell brightness now it’s dark, the adjuster looks like it resets the Odometer, sits just below the fuel gauge ( where else would it be lol)

Thank you I will try some brighter blue LEDs, will likely look to see if the interior door handle ones can be swapped as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LED W5W bulbs are not dimmable, so you might find that they flicker.

I've had 2 W204's pre facelift & facelift neither had the option to dim footwell lights so using led bulbs shouldn't be a problem.

Footwell lights? On a W204? Now you got me thinking... can these be retrofitted? Time to have a chat with comandonline I think.... ;)

I would just like to be able see the footwell lights after the doors have closed, they are fine when you open the door just pretty much invisible once you close the door

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom