W204 front coil springs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LEB

Car
W204 c220 Cdi Sport
Hi guys, first time on forum. I'm needing help, I have a 2011 W204 C220 CDI Sport blue efficiency facelift model and my front coil spring has snapped and I can't work out what spring I need, there is so many different types! Can I please get some advice they will be much appreciated! Thanks!

Any colour dots on the other side spring ?
Or even the snapped spring.

Hi OneForTheRoad, thanks very much for your reply it's much appreciated. I'm at work at the minute will check and let you know.

Hi OneForTheRoad just checked spring it has 3 red dots and a white. It also has a barcode label with B2 on it.

Merc dealer looked up the right ones for my S211 E class when one broke using the VIN. They weren't that much more than aftermarket ones either.

you need 3 red and a white , ring a dealer they are not too expensive , they will get you the exact rated spring.

Replace the lot with improved items , Eibach Pro kit springs with Bilstein B4 dampers .

Hi,
While people say that springs should be replaced in pairs, it isn't mandatory.

If you are replacing the broken spring with an identical spring from MB, there should be no need to replace the other side.
A front spring broke on my E220 and I just replaced the broken one. The car was at the same height on both sides and the handling was back to the same as it was before the break.

You're missing the point , the other spring might not be far behind snapping .

The car in question is a 2011=springs possibly 9 years old---springs crack due to internal stresses induced when they are wound- surface corrosion acts as a focus for cracks till failure occurs- unless they were recent I would replace both

Then we have the issue of 90K dampers..

Renew all upfront = possible inbalance with old rear , and more possible fractured springs to come .. do the lot !

Ride and handling will be as new .

Hi guys thanks for all your advice, I've phones my local Merc dealer and got a price for springs, £107.40 each! best get some overtime in!

Hi guys thanks for all your advice, I've phones my local Merc dealer and got a price for springs, £107.40 each! best get some overtime in!
Give MB Grangemouth a ring , they deliver for £5 and give MB forums a discount . I’m sure a year ago I only paid £69 each for CLK front springs

MB Newcastle run a decent eBay page for parts as well that’s worth checking out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom