W204 Gear Knob Needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tugrul

Car
2007 Mercedes C 200K
Hello
This is the gearstick of my W204 2007 C200K . As you part of the leather on top is gone.

What would you recommend to fix that look ?

I found this one on ebay

Leather shift gear knob gaiter boot Mercedes W204 illuminated stitch silver B29 | eBay

There is a how to video for a W203 but W203 does not have the chrome color ring in the middle so it comes of easily . Do you think can I replace it myself ?

Thanks

IMG-15711.jpg

You've got a manual one?!:eek:

I assume it's the same process for the auto, you have to pull up the gator first, then there's a little twizzly bit you twizzle before you can remove it.

I've removed mine before, it does take a fair bit of force, but so long as you've done that first step with the latch under the gator, you're fine to go full hulk on it. You don't need to do the last bit the guy shows where he pulls the collar down before pulling it off. You just twist the collar to unlock it, then man up with the knob itself. It pulls straight up, no twisting or threads.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

You've got a manual one?!:eek:

I assume it's the same process for the auto, you have to pull up the gator first, then there's a little twizzly bit you twizzle before you can remove it.

I've removed mine before, it does take a fair bit of force, but so long as you've done that first step with the latch under the gator, you're fine to go full hulk on it. You don't need to do the last bit the guy shows where he pulls the collar down before pulling it off. You just twist the collar to unlock it, then man up with the knob itself. It pulls straight up, no twisting or threads.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yes , it is a rare manual beast ;)

Thanks for the youtube link . That will help me a lot for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom