W204 Grill - Puzzled!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MattWestFour

Car
2012 C250 CDI AMG SPORT COUPE
photo.php

Hi everyone,

I'm not new to the forum, just started a fresh with a new user name for no particular reason.

Now i'm pretty puzzled, this image has just appeared on the MB Facebook website.

The car looks like an C Class Sport Plus but it's wearing a strange grill. It looks like to be the one featured on early model C63's

I love this grill because it's finished in gloss black opposed to the Silver which I personally dislike.

I wonder if this will be able to be purchased as an OEM part opposed to the rubbish you see on ebay.

Feel free to shoot me down if I have this completely wrong!

Best

Matt

Attachments

• 1187212_10151857535671670_2137914517_n.jpg
    1187212_10151857535671670_2137914517_n.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 166
Hi have a look on the cks website, I bought mine from there,although there are other options.

Is this not the one that comes with the handling pack?

Hi, yeh took a look at the CKS website, pretty good!

Part number is A204 880 20 83 9040 (Black) and only features on some Euro models and further afar cars.

Anyone work for Merc that could get me a price? and possible supply!

Portal 96, a quick look at the MB downloadable brochure indicates you are correct! Thanks very much!

I'm trying to source as a separate item. I can't see why it cannot be ordered from MB. (no doubt at great cost!) Will update here.

ok thanks i will keep an eye out for an update, although i suspect it wont be available for a 2008 pre facelift model.

£194 + VAT from MB. Shows as Blue/Black Colour on their system. No returns accepted! Anyone work for Benz that can help me out?

let us know how you get on. I wouldn't mind changing my CKS aftermarket one for one of these i

you get that style grill in the amg performance pack, it's an option with any w204 c class, that one you have the picture of it from a c class coupe. The c class coupe grill has two fins, the amg performance pack one has these two fins in gloss black. Just makes that car look a bit more aggressive.

I sucessfully fitted a coupe 2 slat grille to my w204 saloon. It was originally chrome / silver but i redid the silver in gloss black. Got the grille from Ebay.
You may find one if you keep an eye out.
good luck

you get that style grill in the amg performance pack, it's an option with any w204 c class, that one you have the picture of it from a c class coupe. The c class coupe grill has two fins, the amg performance pack one has these two fins in gloss black. Just makes that car look a bit more aggressive.

Hi everyone: newbie!, great site some really useful and interesting stuff.

I too am puzzled, I have a 2010 CLC Amg sport; for the life of me I cannot grill this blumming grill off, done everything I can from threads etc to no avail, on verge of breaking it so gave up. Mine does not appear to be the same as others, certainly will never pop backwards on clips lol, seems mine has locating lugs and needs to be unclipped and pushed outwards, lugs look to go through a lip on the bumper, but its proper tight, hate the grey on these grill with a vengance, looking forwards to painting it black, if that is if I ever get the bugger off. Anyone else come across this who can help please?

Hi everyone: newbie!, great site some really useful and interesting stuff.

I too am puzzled, I have a 2010 CLC Amg sport; for the life of me I cannot grill this blumming grill off, done everything I can from threads etc to no avail, on verge of breaking it so gave up. Mine does not appear to be the same as others, certainly will never pop backwards on clips lol, seems mine has locating lugs and needs to be unclipped and pushed outwards, lugs look to go through a lip on the bumper, but its proper tight, hate the grey on these grill with a vengance, looking forwards to painting it black, if that is if I ever get the bugger off. Anyone else come across this who can help please?

Due to the grill never being taken off the vehicle before, it will be a bugger to get off. I just recently changed my double fin c class coupe grill on a 2103 Mercedes to a c63 style grill, but for a while since I got my car, the daaam thing would not budge or come off. I had the same problem which you are talking about and when I had a close look I gave up thinking I will definately break something.....

The best thing I can advise you is to find someone around your area who has taken there own Mercedes grill of the car, and ask them to maybe have a go..

I'd help you out if you where in the north east....alternatively, post some pics up on the thread and we'll see what we can advise you :)

Hope this helps

Due to the grill never being taken off the vehicle before, it will be a bugger to get off. I just recently changed my double fin c class coupe grill on a 2103 Mercedes to a c63 style grill, but for a while since I got my car, the daaam thing would not budge or come off. I had the same problem which you are talking about and when I had a close look I gave up thinking I will definately break something.....

The best thing I can advise you is to find someone around your area who has taken there own Mercedes grill of the car, and ask them to maybe have a go..

I'd help you out if you where in the north east....alternatively, post some pics up on the thread and we'll see what we can advise you :)

Hope this helps

Hi there,
Wow, 2103 did H.G let you borrow his time machine, if he did could you ask him if I can use it as there's a few sports results I'd like to take a look at :)

Hope this helps

Thanks for the advice, yep its properly secure lol. Thought it would be easy, yeah right!

I got a body shop to strip my original grill down and spray it piano black then refit the chrome bits back on , looks a lot better now :thumb:

I got a body shop to strip my original grill down and spray it piano black then refit the chrome bits back on , looks a lot better now :thumb:

Lol, Going to give up on this now, exactly same idea, can see the potential but the bugger wont have it, either I am doing something totally wrong or its been super glued in. Frustrated . com. :fail

Hi there,
Wow, 2103 did H.G let you borrow his time machine, if he did could you ask him if I can use it as there's a few sports results I'd like to take a look at :)

Haha, thanks for that. I was meant to say a 2013, just a keyboard error. Calm down chappy ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom