W204 grille choice dilemma

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nhodder

Car
C220 Sport AMG Line
Hi All,

I am the very happy new owner of a 2011 facelift C200 Sport AMG-Line and so far, I love it (Except the wierd stutter at 67-70mph?!?!).

I like to make small changes to my cars, as most of us do, and I know I want to change the grille for something more non-standard. I literally cannot decide which grille will look best and was hoping some of you with similar (black) cars may be able to offer me some inspiration. I am even considering the quite radically different "PanAmericana" style grille that now seems to be available but haven't seen enough pictures on black cars to really make a judgement. Any advice (except keep it stock) welcome :)

First picture is my car, others for reference:

61572191_10156161140296811_4865858119965605888_n.jpg 518Ommeh8vL._SX425_.jpg front-grille-suitable-for-mercedes-benz-c-class_5996596_6040126.jpg image2.jpg

I concur on that colour or coupe grill version providing decent contrast and inkeeping with wheels & chrome .

However on a silver Merc it becomes too much .

I much prefer the original.

However maybe an all black grill may be a second option, if you want the mean stealth look :D:D

Another option.

The beast_LI.jpg

Original is best out of the ones you've put up
Having said that, I much prefer the coupe grill with 2 slats
gRBJipnl.jpg

I like the second one but then again I do prefer the “stealth” look with a black car...:D

From the ones shown I would choose the PanAmericana grille :thumb: If I could get one without the giant star in the middle I would buy one myself.

Don't be put off by horror stories of 'cheap plastic' being used on the readily available aftermarket items, or the fact that there may be options available from the far East that aren't available in this country. I have had 2 trouble free purchases of aftermarket grilles sent from China that have been of satisfactory quality.

I had comments of my car looking like I should be driving for Uber when it was completely standard, and now I get comments of being a middle aged boy racer. When all's said and done it's down to personal preference, and the world would be a dull place if we all liked the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom