W204 Headlight switch >A2045453004< defective? WANTED!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marcrebel

Car
S204
Hi all, -I am looking for forum members who would be interested to help out:
After successfully repairing my W204 headlight switch (A2045453004 -the "expensive one"), I am looking for other malfunctioning units to see whether my assumption is correct that it is the same part that causes the symptoms (headlights coming on/switching off intermittently etc.), before declaring this repair a "universal" repair option.

I will then document the problem and the repair as well as the parts needed etc. to give back to the community.

If you are able to part with a defective headlight switch, your contribution would be greatly appreciated! Please note, it needs to be the switch with part # A204 545 30 04 (for now).
PM me for details. Thank you!

hls.jpeg

Just as an add-on: I will, of course, send the headlight switch back with the part replaced. ...

My car looks like it has exactly the same light control unit it and seams to be causing a couple of issues. It switches on and off intermittently when it feels like it but most recently if I indicate to turn left everything works fine but as soon as I turn the headlights on the front left indicator bulb stops working and the rest flash fast. I turn the engine off and back on again with the lights off and the indicator goes back to normal. I've replaced all 4 indicator bulbs and both headlights. I've even had the Earth to the rear light clusters replaced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom