w204 headlight washer frequency

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

c220cdi2010

Car
c220
Hello,
Noticed that the headlight washers only wash every 10 presses of windscreen wash.

Is there a way to change this frequency as 10 seems a very long time and on the commute the lights get dirty quick.

Neil

Thanks Minz; mmm, will try again as i sat a watched it and seemed every 10 as had gf with me wondering what i was doing!

bit like lazy indicators, always wanted these more that 3 and again no choice.

Isn't there a separate button to activate the headlamp washers? Should be by the main light switch...

Not on mine. It takes five activations of the windshield washers whilst the lights are switched on before the headlamp washers are deployed.

Bit of a retrograde step it would seem? 10 activations on mine, or press the dedicated button!

My 2012 w204 has the intelligent light system. Mine requires 10 presses of windscreen washer to activate and has no separate button. I'm not aware of any way to change frequency but someone may cone along that knows.

not had chance to go out and count again but as others say 10, glad i'm only partially mad!
i have no idea if mine has intelligent lighting or not, (how would i know?), but not seen a dedicated switch for headlight washing

when we say lights on, does A (lazy = automatic) mean on? or do we have to actually move the switch to on to mean on??

not had chance to go out and count again but as others say 10, glad i'm only partially mad!
i have no idea if mine has intelligent lighting or not, (how would i know?), but not seen a dedicated switch for headlight washing

when we say lights on, does A (lazy = automatic) mean on? or do we have to actually move the switch to on to mean on??

We put our lights on Auto and let them do their thing.

If you have IL, there will be a setting in menu called Inteli Light or something like that. Only just got our car so no idea how to reach that point other than through Settings. Ours has headlamp wash every ten windscreen washes and a manual button next to the light switch.

Last edited:
in that case, i doubt i have intelligent lighting as no options in any menus for anything but may ask stealer at service this week for full run down on what car has

so a (lazy - auto) does mean on then, phew. something that makes sense on this car

i'll be counting mine again for certain and definitely no button on anything for headlight washing beyond press the stalk in

I have noticed that i have auto rain sensors and there are two option, high or low sensitivity and cannot determine which mode it is and there nothing anywhere to indicate this nor can i find a way to reset it either as i am sure it does what it wants when it feels like it

just done and definitely every 10 windscreen washes it does the headlights
now to ask mb if they can change as i feel 10 is too many

My 2012 C220 has the intelligent light system and activates on 5 presses of the wash push switch........and it is 5 i have counted them

My 2012 C220 has the intelligent light system and activates on 5 presses of the wash push switch........and it is 5 i have counted them

It seems I may have found the solution to my seemed "intermittent" working of my headlight washers.

Neil

My 2012 w204 has the intelligent light system. Mine requires 10 presses of windscreen washer to activate and has no separate button. I'm not aware of any way to change frequency but someone may cone along that knows.
I also have IL and the also requires 10 presses.

The count resets after each journey meaning that the headlights get very dirty unless you intentionally activate the washers.

Hi, Did anyone find out in the end if this frequency can be changed somehow via Star? My W204 takes 10 presses before it activates.

Hello,
Noticed that the headlight washers only wash every 10 presses of windscreen wash.

Is there a way to change this frequency as 10 seems a very long time and on the commute the lights get dirty quick.

Neil
My 2006 C55 has a button near the headlight switch to activate the headlamp washers at any time. Does yours not have this function ?

Photo of button

Here's a photo showing the headlamp wash button , top left.

IMG_1436.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1436.jpg
    IMG_1436.jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 28

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom