W204 Heated Seats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I fear you may not have any of those options at all, especially if none of the buttons are there I.e heated seats, eco, sport on the dash etc. All part of an upgrade from the norm in that model, actually have only seen a couple that has the eco and sport buttons on the dash

If I’ve got this correct - you think your car has these extras but, for some unknown reason, a previous owner has swapped the sections out for those with blanks?

I've checked the datacard and it has heated seats and fancy suspension, and I;ve seen pictures of the seat connections and it has the heated seat wiring to the switches. My suspicion is that one of the seats didn't work and thus someone switch them over, or the COMAND didn't work and someone switched the COMAND and switch pack not realising it just unscrews from the COMAND.

Car is should have dark grey vents, comand and switches - I count really be sure from the photos.

The switch pack is an ECU on its own, and connects to cars power and CAN only - no matter what switches are there - so no wiring issues at that end, just switch pack needs changing.

The issue with getting the correct switches is the fancy suspension is a rare option. The ones with heated seats and parking are quite common.

Richard

Thanks Richard, that sums up how I see things currently. I spoke to a local indy yesterday, who replaced the oil cooler seals the other week (I know) and he said no fault codes showed up regarding these (or any) issues but we hadn't given them a thought at that point.
He's going to take a look at it next week and I should find out then what's missing/broken/required.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I think I'll also call up the dealer tomorrow and get a price for a switch unit.

Or, can anyone let me have a part number on it and I'll see if I can track one down.

Thanks everyone and, especially, Richard. Local indy ordered up the correct part and swapped it for the blank panel today. I now have fully functioning sport and heated seat features :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom