[W204] How much lower than standard?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maurauth

Car
2016 BMW M4 Convertible
Does anyone know how much lower the pre-facelift sports pack is than standard? I'm looking at ordering springs but want to know how many millimetres to take off of the suggested drop :)

I have a feeling it's 15mm, can anyone confirm this?

Yes it's 15mm lower than the SE and Elegance models

Mines an AMG Sport C250 D and thats 15 mm lower than the standard Car
Quote the PDF Brochure
"Muscular AMG bodystyling, 17" AMG 5-twin-spoke alloy wheels and 15 mm lower sports suspension set the C-Class AMG Sport Edition line apart."

Do you guys think that is the same for the pre-facelift and facelift models?
As the pre-facelift seem to just be called "Sport", and the facelift "AMG Sport"?

It's purely to see if I'd get away with:
H&R 40-45mm Springs

rather than:
Eibach 30mm Springs

If I take off 15mm, and consider I'm on 17" AMG wheels, then I'm hoping the KW's won't rub, or cause excess wear on other suspension components.

Do you guys think that is the same for the pre-facelift and facelift models?
As the pre-facelift seem to just be called "Sport", and the facelift "AMG Sport"?

It's purely to see if I'd get away with:
H&R 40-45mm Springs

rather than:
Eibach 30mm Springs

If I take off 15mm, and consider I'm on 17" AMG wheels, then I'm hoping the KW's won't rub, or cause excess wear on other suspension components.

The size of the wheels do not matter...assuming you are adjusting the size of the tyres to compensate for the larger wheels.

The size of the wheels do not matter...assuming you are adjusting the size of the tyres to compensate for the larger wheels.

I'm not changing the wheels: they're stock 17" AMGs with:
Front - 225/45 ZR17 91W
Rear - 245/40 ZR17 91W

That's why I'm wondering whether a 40-45mm drop will be OK with these wheels, and if it would cause excessive suspension wear.

Well, from going on the USA Merc W204 forums, it seems the H&R 40-45mm "SuperSports" can drop safely with stock pads/shims/whateveryoucallthems.

Has anyone tried out any suspension lowering over here?

E.G.: This seems to be on the 40-45mm H&R Supersports with stock pads and I'm not sure what size rims.
IMG_0669.jpg

And this is the Eibach 30mm with stock front pads and rear 5mm pads.
mbsigfinalrc1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom