W204 injector seal replacement?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MerKi

Car
W204 c class
Hi,

So I've had various problems with my w204 c class which I've posted about, started with a blocked dpf.

Long story short; I've replaced some parts and sensors, and recently had the engine taken apart and cleaned as is was gummed up with carbon.

After this, Car was driving well, until randomly the management light was coming on with code p026646 (teach-in cylinder 2) and/or p008700 (low fuel pressure).

Replaced fuel filter, all good for a week until coolant starts leaking.
Replaced fuel filter housing and all was well for a couple days until it developed a hole in a hose that leads to thermostat.

Have replaced that now. Scanned car, still have teach-in cylinder 2 issue. Theres also spots of oil on the common rail that I cant work out where they are coming from.

After some googling, does this sound like black death? It would explain the carbon to the engine. Mercedes indies with Xentry told me the injectors were all programmed correctly, so I'm thinking injector 2 needs to be re-seated?

Any thoughts?

If the seal is leaking, you should see some blow back past the injector. If you can't see any fluid in the injector well, get some soapy water and put a small amount in the injector well. Run the engine and see if there are any bubbles indicating blow by.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom