w204 injectors...please help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hanzla

Car
C220 W204 Facelift
Apologies i am new to the forum world. So i recently bought a c220 that suffered black death. i got the rocker cover changed and got all 4 injectors changed. The engine shook quite a bit. The mechanic narrowed it down to the plugs on the injectors. So he replaced the wiring loom. The engine no longer shudders, but the engine management light is on and thick black smoke comes out of the exhaust, the car is also in limp mode.
Error codes after resetting codes came as:
P244B
U0106
P0428
P2279

Any help would be appreciated.

Is this the Piezo injectors that was subject to recall and replaced with Delphi solenoid type etc ?

Or the replacement Delphi's ?

You need to qualify that as Delphi made both the solenoid and the piezo injectors.
Do they have return pipes or not? does the tcu have a sticker on it stating "solenoid"

I think you have an intake manifold air leak and then your dpf will not regenerate so you get an accumulation of soot. So those are two of your codes. Obviously in that situation the MAF is not able to do its job either.
Can you hear any drawing of air? Did the mechanic damage the intake manifold, as the bolts holding the manifold can break.

I am assuming that you have reset the codes and they have come back again. Is that so?

have you looked at live data stream to see what is happening with your dpf?
If not you need to do these things.
If you have not reset the codes it is possible they were thrown up when the wiring loom got damaged as one code is lack of communication to the heater plugs.

Oh! and welcome to the forum

You need to qualify that as Delphi made both the solenoid and the piezo injectors.
Do they have return pipes or not? does the tcu have a sticker on it stating "solenoid"
Sorry i am not mechanically minded. They do have return pipes. Perhaps this picture may help.

Attachments

• injector.jpg
    injector.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 3
I think you have an intake manifold air leak and then your dpf will not regenerate so you get an accumulation of soot. So those are two of your codes. Obviously in that situation the MAF is not able to do its job either.
Can you hear any drawing of air? Did the mechanic damage the intake manifold, as the bolts holding the manifold can break.

I am assuming that you have reset the codes and they have come back again. Is that so?

have you looked at live data stream to see what is happening with your dpf?
If not you need to do these things.
If you have not reset the codes it is possible they were thrown up when the wiring loom got damaged as one code is lack of communication to the heater plugs.

Oh! and welcome to the forum
Yes we reset the codes. I think he checked the data on the DPF it showed at 6g of soot.

The OM651 engine should keep the soot between zero and 3g. or at least mine does.

Some of your codes are referring to sensors associated with the dpf, but an intake air leak will throw up those codes so check the easy things first.
I presume that your mechanic also checked the fuel quantity and the flow rate etc of the injectors.
This will rule out an over fuelling problem.

Should have added that the P2279 code is, in all probability, an intake air leak and when this happens DPF code problems follow.
Another problem you could have is the Throttle position sensor out of calibration. When this happens the mixture goes all wrong and it leads to soot and that will also throw up the P2279

Last edited:
The OM651 engine should keep the soot between zero and 3g. or at least mine does.

Some of your codes are referring to sensors associated with the dpf, but an intake air leak will throw up those codes so check the easy things first.
I presume that your mechanic also checked the fuel quantity and the flow rate etc of the injectors.
This will rule out an over fuelling problem
Ill get more details tomorrow. Thanks for the help so far.

I added to that post so read it again, cheers

I had codes P0204 and P0201 before replacing the plugs on the injectors.
I don't think this is relevant but thought I'd mention it.

I had codes P0204 and P0201 before replacing the plugs on the injectors.
I don't think this is relevant but thought I'd mention it.

Yes but that-P0204 is a probable fault in the injector circuit for Cylinder 4 considering that it suffered black death.

But codes are not specific simple. Have a look at this article and it will give you an idea and save me typing

P0204 OBD-II Trouble Code: Injector Circuit Malfunction - Cylinder 4

P0201 is similar but for cylinder 1.
You state that you got all the injectors "changed". I presume from that that you got either new injectors or had the originals repaired.
In that case it is a problem someplace from the ECU to the Injector but with a 2279 code I think that this-air leak- could throw the other codes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom