W204 Intelligent lighting ballast access

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by mikrt, Dec 7, 2018.

1. mikrt

mikrt New Member

Car:
    C Class 2.1 C220 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY AMG Sport Plus 7G-Tronic Plus 4dr (Map Pilot) (12 - 13)
    Only picked up my car @ the weekend, but I noticed earlier in the week that the headlamp was misted up and planned to try and seal it this coming weekend.

Unfortunately, after heavy rain midweek now the ballast has blown and I need to change it. I swapped over the xenon bulbs so I know ballast is the issue, and I already ordered one.

I've done a fair amount of web & forum searching, but can't find out for sure if I will be able to access the ballast unit to swap over without removing the lamp unit (which does look a real pain)

Can anyone please confirm either way (I'm afraid I know the answer, but hoping I don't!!)

2. ash59fifty-uk

ash59fifty-uk Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W204 C63, Ford Transit
    They’re connected to the headlamps themselves beneath, you may have a headache with coding another one to your headlight

Richard on here can confirm

3. OP
    OP
    mikrt

mikrt New Member

Car:
    C Class 2.1 C220 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY AMG Sport Plus 7G-Tronic Plus 4dr (Map Pilot) (12 - 13)
    Ballast swapped for a new one, didn't need coding ,
    Thanks for reply